Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even More Jordanelle Action..Wed. 7-24
I knew where the rainbows were from Monday's trip, but again, we started out a bit further and deeper, hoping for a koke..didn't happen again, and this trip, with my granddaughter, I wanted to get her into fish...we did...back to the rainbow zone..nice limit of feisty 'bows by 0930, and I think I had her pretty worn out reeling 6 of them..we both missed 2 or 3 other hook ups, so plenty of action..and good to get out of there early, cuz the trash boats were getting hot and heavy..If anyone of you wants to get into decent 'bows, or has someone you want to take to get into fish, PM me, and I do believe I can direct you..Guluk..
Another good report. Those bows are nice and full of fight for sure. Good on you to get the granddaughter out.
I'll be back up there tomorrow morning. My nephew is coming in from Nevada. We will be looking for the kokanee. I will post as to how we do. Glad you guys were able to get out and find fish.
By chance are you, or any of the Jordy fishing crews, seeing any of the 10k muskies they released? I realize chasen kokes and bows are not putting you in the areas these mini monster are likely hiding out but just curious
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
tks Jig and Brookie...hope you get into them your next time out there...I may try RP my next time out, see if I can find 1 of those elusive Kokes from its waters..Cowboy, I don't know about those small muskies they put in Jordy..guess I did hear they did that, just don't know why...no where else to put them? More pressure from 'out of staters' wanting our waters to look more like where they came from? I can't see where it's a good move..just my opinion..
(07-26-2024, 12:18 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: tks Jig and Brookie...hope you get into them your next time out there...I may try RP my next time out, see if I can find 1 of those elusive Kokes from its waters..Cowboy, I don't know about those small muskies they put in Jordy..guess I did hear they did that, just don't know why...no where else to put them? More pressure from 'out of staters' wanting our waters to look more like where they came from? I can't see where it's a good move..just my opinion..

Did get out on Jordanelle this morning with my nephew, his wife and 3 kids, ages 4 and under, they come in every year from Nevada for this outing. Really fun trip with the kidos but maybe not as successful bringing in the fish. We boated 4 kokanee and 6 rainbow. Lost at least 6 kokes between wrangling kids - keeping them from falling in, getting treats, changing, and moderating small altercations - yeah from another boat I am sure it looked like a flying circus. Fish were deep, 39 to 43' were the best depths. I had to change tackle several times to find the best options - Large diamond shaped glow red and blue dodgers with larger bright pink squid was the best. Unfortunately I bought those dodgers on Etsy more than a year ago and cannot find them now. Anyway, the fishing success was not the keynote of this trip. Tom and Becca have been going with me since the time they were dating, engaged, married and now have the 3 kids - since 2016.
Nicely done Brookie...maybe I was just being too impatient on trying for the kokes, as I know they're in there..somewhere..can you say if you were way up in the Rock Cliffs arm, or not?  a PM would be great, just to say yes or no, don't want your #s...tks...
(07-26-2024, 01:38 AM)brookie Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 12:18 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: tks Jig and Brookie...hope you get into them your next time out there...I may try RP my next time out, see if I can find 1 of those elusive Kokes from its waters..Cowboy, I don't know about those small muskies they put in Jordy..guess I did hear they did that, just don't know why...no where else to put them? More pressure from 'out of staters' wanting our waters to look more like where they came from? I can't see where it's a good move..just my opinion..

Did get out on Jordanelle this morning with my nephew, his wife and 3 kids, ages 4 and under, they come in every year from Nevada for this outing. Really fun trip with the kidos but maybe not as successful bringing in the fish. We boated 4 kokanee and 6 rainbow. Lost at least 6 kokes between wrangling kids - keeping them from falling in, getting treats, changing, and moderating small altercations - yeah from another boat I am sure it looked like a flying circus. Fish were deep, 39 to 43' were the best depths. I had to change tackle several times to find the best options - Large diamond shaped glow red and blue dodgers with larger bright pink squid was the best. Unfortunately I bought those dodgers on Etsy more than a year ago and cannot find them now. Anyway, the fishing success was not the keynote of this trip. Tom and Becca have been going with me since the time they were dating, engaged, married and now have the 3 kids - since 2016.

It sucked for us, too.  We caught 3 small kokes in 7 hours.  My buddy caught his two on a blue squid at 27'(!), I caught a small one at ~40'.  Lots of time on the water for little return.  I'm going to give it a rest.
Single main, no kicker. Wink