Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting up to Ririe this Summer?
I've heard some reports that the catching is better there this year, anyone been?
(08-13-2024, 08:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I've heard some reports that the catching is better there this year, anyone been?

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]We put 45 11-12” Kokanee in the box and put back a number of 10” ones last Saturday on the Juniper end. They are really bright and fat, I’m hopeful that they are next years fish and will be 14-17” next year and 12-14” through the ice this winter. They are stacked up by the dam we got them 60-75’ down with 65’ our best depth everything we put in front of them caught fish but the best set up was a reflective pink Rocky Mountain Tackle sling blade with an RMT pink plankton size hooch with a small Colorado blade. I was able to produce  28 1/2 pint jars of smoked salmon with our haul.
[Image: IMG-2739.jpg][/font]
(08-14-2024, 04:38 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 08:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I've heard some reports that the catching is better there this year, anyone been?

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]We put 45 11-12” Kokanee in the box and put back a number of 10” ones last Saturday on the Juniper end. They are really bright and fat, I’m hopeful that they are next years fish and will be 14-17” next year and 12-14” through the ice this winter. They are stacked up by the dam we got them 60-75’ down with 65’ our best depth everything we put in front of them caught fish but the best set up was a reflective pink Rocky Mountain Tackle sling blade with an RMT pink plankton size hooch with a small Colorado blade. I was able to produce  28 1/2 pint jars of smoked salmon with our haul.
[/font]

Wow, that's a lot of kokes, congrats on a great trip, good to hear the catching is much better than last year. Did Randy fish with you?
(08-14-2024, 01:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]We put 45 11-12” Kokanee in the box and put back a number of 10” ones last Saturday on the Juniper end. They are really bright and fat, I’m hopeful that they are next years fish and will be 14-17” next year and 12-14” through the ice this winter. They are stacked up by the dam we got them 60-75’ down with 65’ our best depth everything we put in front of them caught fish but the best set up was a reflective pink Rocky Mountain Tackle sling blade with an RMT pink plankton size hooch with a small with  Colorado blade. I was able to produce  28 1/2 pint jars of smoked salmon with our haul.
[/font]

Wow, that's a lot of kokes, congrats on a great trip, good to hear the catching is much better than last year. Did Randy fish with you?
Not this trip but he fished with me a couple weeks earlier when we found them and caught a few, then turned our attention to trout with little success, but that trip put me on them for this one.
(08-14-2024, 05:54 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(08-14-2024, 01:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]We put 45 11-12” Kokanee in the box and put back a number of 10” ones last Saturday on the Juniper end. They are really bright and fat, I’m hopeful that they are next years fish and will be 14-17” next year and 12-14” through the ice this winter. They are stacked up by the dam we got them 60-75’ down with 65’ our best depth everything we put in front of them caught fish but the best set up was a reflective pink Rocky Mountain Tackle sling blade with an RMT pink plankton size hooch with a small with  Colorado blade. I was able to produce  28 1/2 pint jars of smoked salmon with our haul.
[/font]

Not this trip but he fished with me a couple weeks earlier when we found them and caught a few, then turned our attention to trout with little success, but that trip put me on them for this one.

Nice haul!!!