Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone ever tried.........?
Has anyone ever tried using a small daredevil with pork rind on the treble hook? My Grandfather told me he always used to catch fish on it I havent tried it he says just bring it through any type of water(meaning rapids slow parts) and you will catch smallmouth and other types of fish.
[signature]
Yes, I have done that with the Uncle Josh pork rind strips on Daredevils, and on Mepps spinners. It adds a little more for the fish to see, and it works sometimes.
[signature]
Just about any lure with a nice pork trail will enhance the catch just a bit. The squigglier the better. You may want to play around with colors as well. Some colors work better in some areas.

Keep in mind also that certain colors fade out with the depths. The fish have a harder time trying to recognize them.
[signature]
[cool][#804040][size 2]Porkrind was the choice of bait back in the 40's. My dad always had a supply in his tackle box. Since I couldn't afford to buy my own bait, lures etc got to use the porkrind quite often. Most of the time my friends and I used nice juicy worms. They were free for the digging.[/size][/#804040]
[signature]
works pretty good and is versital for many different types of fish .
[signature]