Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought new boat (break out another thousand)
Hi all after several thinkerings and almost taking the plunge a couple of times last year. I leaped in with both feet last week and bougt a 1985 Sea Ray Seville. I know its not quite the fishing boat I wanted but the wife will get onthis one. The previous owner had it set up for fishing, but removed all the electronics, he did however leave all the cables and tranducers intact on the boat. Oh I guess I should tell ya what size, shes a 19 footer with a 140 hp mercruise I/O (would have prefered an outboard). She has all the necessary safety items, was checked out by the mech at Pier 84 in SLC and got a clean bill of health after he over hauled the carb on her.
[signature]
Congrats on the new floater!!! I look forward to going out on the water with ya!!!! They are expensive, but after a fun weekend at the gorge on my boat, they are worth it. But definitely can be "frustrating"
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hey Road, Congrads on the new ride, hope to see you on the water soon. I also bought a boat this year. have fun with it.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations Road. Get friendly with your local banker and you might as well sign up for a line of credit (LOL).
[signature]
a 1000.00 good deal. i spent 400.00 with trailer and boat. 1964 harvey with a outbaord 60 hp eveindude from 1967. i have had to spend 500.00 this year just redoing the floor and seats. they do cost but you got a great deal it sounds. happy fishing hope you catch alot
[signature]
i have same year and model of boat cept mine is a 18 footer installed a motor guide trolling motor on the front 24 volt works very well to fish out of but can also take the wife and kids out to play i think youll enjoy it so good luck
[signature]
Speaking of breaking out another thousand. My brother finally decided to get his motor fixed. $700 for motor work and another couple hundred to fix the leaky hull and seats.
[signature]
I think your right Kent. Towed the boat home amd all was well. Sat. I was doing some minor repairs (the horn and lights). FB2 borrowed the truck for a ward project. When he got home the truck had no reverse. I think this boy needs a new knickname for the boards ........... Hmmmmmm how does FB2 the Kar Killer sounds. This is the third one since school started. But to be fair I don't think it is his fault. But it is a chance to rib him a little.
[signature]
I tried to warn you Road, but, did you listen to me....noooooo. Good luck with the new ride.

Scott
[signature]
HEY IF YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT FINDER WAS ON IT YOU CAN GO TO E-BAY AND GET A HEAD UNIT TO GO WITH THE TRANSDUCER AND MAYBE SOME OF THE OTHER WIRES ON THAT BOAT. BACK A YEAR OR TWO AGO WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR AN ICEFISHING 'FINDER I WENT ON THERE AND IT SEAMED LIKE THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO EITHER SOLD THIER BOAT OR HAD IT STOLLEN WITH THE TRANSDUCER STILL ON IT, BUT THEY KEPT THE HEAD UNIT. tHE HEAD UNIT IS NOT ANY GOOD TO SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE TRANSDUCER SO SOMETIMES YOU CAN PICK THEM UP FOR PRETTY CHEAP. JUST A THOUGHT I FIGURED i WOULD PASS ON, I HOPE IT HELPS YOU.

HAVE FUN ON THE NEW TOY, MAYBE WE WILL MEET SOMEDAY OUT ON THE LAKE, BUT HOPEFULLY IT WON'T BE WHEN YOU ARE PULLING ME IN ON MY P.O.S. BOAT!L.O.L.

COWMILKER
[signature]
Hey Mustb how long have you had yours? Any quirks that I should know about it. Hoping to get it in the water this weekend. Praying to the sun gods! Will be doing a few more repairs before I launch her. Hey which engine do you have?
[signature]
Congrat's on the boat Road. I bankfished for years mumblin that they are a waste of money, Until I got one, Now there is no better way to spend the day, just-a-floatin for fishies, My grandkids love it also, working through the problems that occasionaly occur are half the fun, if they are taken in stride, don't let them get you doun. It's kind of like buying a harley, half the braggin rights are how much you've put in it. Just think of the breakdouns as tests, the more you pass the smarter you are[cool]

LD
[signature]
Thanks Dan waiting on getting my truck back from the shop now. Maybe we can hook up at Willard in the next few weeks.
[signature]
Thanks linedropper, I wont be doing much complainin about the boat. I have the harley and a boat couldn't possibly cost ne any more than she does. LOL Awww whar boys wont do for their toys! I do have to say I don't think this boat is going to replace my float tube though. I had some really great up close and personal experence chasing fish last year. Pelican brings back some fond memories and Smiles too. I think the boat is going to be used to chase Walleye and stripers at Lake Powell.
[signature]
i have had mine for 5 years not to many quirks that i can think of my brother inlaw had the boat first and didnt take very good care of it. probably would not have bought it from him but sis needed the cash since then i have rebuilt the upper out drive oh and by the way it has a 140 hp outdrive wentout 3 time i took it out doing work myself and a couple of special tools $800.00 then down at powell wife steped on ski compartment door and i discovered that dryrot was alot worse than fist anticipated so hance cutting out and replacing alot of the deck changed desighn a little another $500.00 had to rebuild motor cover and upolstery was getting ugly spent another 3-500.00 there one thing i found out though my neighbor down the street has same boat but an 87 he has the omc cobra drive my mercruiser runs circles aroud him next project is getting bottom of boat regelled and trailer sand blastedand paintedhope ya have better luck than me have fun
[signature]