Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear river cats!
man.. the bite is on! i got into the cats last night in tremonton! I fished from 4-9pm. i got several over 8lbs. one went 13! and atleast 10 more that were 2-5lbs! stoked! all of the fish came on live crawdads! i was drifing them with a 1/8 ounce rubbercore sinker about 2ft above my size 2 gamakatsu octopus hook. my little brother was catching the crawdads with chiken while i was catching cats! one of the best spring fishing trips for cats i have ever had! they were on!
i was pulling off the pinchers on the crawdads and hooking them thru the tail! then i just dragged them thru holes and bends on my freinds property!

JOe
AKA Katman
[signature]
Very cool. I hope to be able to do some good catfishing soon.
[signature]
Wow! I didn't know that there were crawdads on the bear river. Now that I know, I'm gonna have to bring some drumsticks with me next time I go after cats up there. I usually go out by Corinne, but not tellin' where exactly.
[signature]
I'm jealous. Hope you let your little brother reel in a few.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff] hay utcatmann can you tell me whear to go on publc ground at the bear? hope you had fun sounds good time. thanks[/#0000ff]
[signature]
thats good to hear. i havent caught a big cat out of the bear for quite a few years. thought they might have really gone down hill with the low water in recent years.
[signature]