Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/26/04 (report)
Hit Willard yesterday afternoon at about 2:30 in the the afternoon. We trolled down to light pole along the north dike. We picked up our first wiper just before reaching the turn at the light pole. We continued to fish that area for a couple of hours picking up fish every time we went over.(fourteen feet of water at three mph) We moved over toward the entrance of the south marina and fished north picking up two more fish. We kept moving around to try and get some protection from the wind and the waves. We ended our day back around the lightpole area picking up fish until we came of the water at 8:30. To make a long story short, the three of us boated 17 fish all together and lost three others on the way to the boat. Most of them were caught on planer boards with a creamy white with green back rattle trap. We did pick up a few on the prism shad and a couple on a white shad rap rapala. Sorry no pictures. I left my camera at home this morning. Best day at Willard for my boat ever.
Great report. It sounds like you had alot of fun. Has anyone seen any boils yet? Is it not warm enough yet or what. We have picked up a wiper occasionally from shore. We got 3 last friday, 3 saturday and 2 on sunday. They ranged 20 inches to 24 inches.
[signature]
what area did you guy pick up the wipers from shore? i havnt caught a wiper from shore since last year.

JOe
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Sounds like thew Bite is finally on at Willard, I guess that I had better get going now.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]