Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Cal Hansen Lake Float Tubing Report 6/16
My son was feeling better so we went to Hansen Lake around 4:00pm. The sky was overcast (grey color not brown). The air temp was a cool 84 degrees and the water temp was at 79.

We didn't take any of our extra toys on the tubes( fishfinder, rod holders, DVD player, 200hp tolling motor) since we were just going to target some kittys.

As usual, no one around the banks were catching anything and we had a solid hour of small thumps on the line and no takers. After the first hour came, TubeNtoo rang the dinner bell and had the first taker. 2.25lb Channel Cat. He just looked at me and said "I got my dinner secured Dad. What are you going to eat?"

I kept at it and thought I lost my touch for awhile. We were both useing the same bait, same presentation and fishing the same are of the lake that we know the cats hang out in.

Since I didn't bring the DVD player to go over some of the TubeDude "How to Bottom Bounce For Cats" video, I just had to do it by memory.

My son was already leavin the water. He was just getting over spending several days in bed with strep throat and didn't have the energy to keep kicking out there.

Once he left, I reached into my secret stash in my tube and pulled out a nice black Bait Bug. A small piece of shrimp went on it and before my son could reach the waters edge, I had 3 fish in my basket. 2.5, 3.0 and 4lb Kittys. I folled him in to shore and we packed up and left.

Since we still had time for dinner, we didn't release the prisoners but instead, phoned home so that they could have the Bar B nice and hot when we got there.

No other fish were caught by anyone the whole day from what was reported there. We left at 5:30pm.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Glad Toobie is gettin' back on his feet...and in the tube. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Score again for the deadly bait bugs. (Sounds like I'm being buttered up for another download. Should have a box on the way soon, with those reels and extra mono. Need to finish going through the tackle shelves while packing.)[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the compliments and the bait bug lessons. We are getting back into a regular swing of things so we can alternate our routines. We go from from Pier Rats, to OPBs(open party boats) to the Tubes.

We were looking at going after Tuna sometime soon but I have to reverse the seet on my float tube and install a harness so that I can tube-ski properly on the ocean. hee hee.

We'll have to rename my Fish Cat 4 to the Tuna Stalker.[laugh]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]How about THE SUSHI SKI?[/size][/blue]
[signature]
Are you allowed to use that word on this site?? ha ha. I would love to hook into a bit but or a nice ray and go for a ride in one of these bays around here. Daytime only!! As the whole coast is warming up, so are the bigger predators. You know how that goes.[cool]
[signature]