Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay this sat!
Going to drive the 132 miles to willard this sat since i dont have to work!But can you guys give me some tips on where and what to use.I should be there by 830 am fishing till i drop! I will be fishing from the shore.
[signature]
hi ceaser i will be up at willard this sat fishing from a tube i have a extra tube and fins if you want to join me your welcome just let me know

they have been catching wiper around the lightpole N. dike area what to use would be any type of rattle trap type lure blue back sliver sides would be a good color to try maybe some topwater poppers if you get lucky enough to see a boil or even some 2-3" white grubs good luck on your trip
[signature]
Hey thanks for offering the tube but i will be with wife and kids and maybe a couple of nephews that live up there.Are any of those spots accesible by foot?
[signature]
i thought that might be the case but thought i would offer anyways you can easly acess the dike by following the directions below as far as getting to the lightpole just keep driving until you see it then hike over

[size 1]there is a road around the backside of the dike you can acess the E. side all the way around to the N. side the do this is very simple you get off at the willard offramp turn left towards smith & edwards you will see a sign that says willard bay state park ( or something like that ) turn right you stay on this road to the end ( VERY IMPORTANT IGNOR THE SIGN PROMPTING YOU TO TURN RIGHT TO THE S. MARINA ) when you get to the end turn right unto the dirt road you will soon see the dike and can follow the road around it gets a little rough behind the west side but passible by car if you drive slow anyways when you get to where you think you want to fish you park and hike up and over the dike [/size]
[signature]
I get off on the 360 exit right?Then head west.
[signature]
I think 360 is the north marina (I could be wrong), the south marina should be about 355.
[signature]
Ok thats what i was looking for the north marina thanks!
[signature]
sorry guys i have to bow out just got my schedule and i don't have a day off until sat 7/28 maybe next time good luck to you all
[signature]
Hey that means more fish for us wohoo!I thought i would have to work the next 2 sats but i got this one off.
[signature]
Anyone know how clear the water is? Someone once said they could see the fish 10 feet down!?!?![Wink] I've never seen it that clear. BUT if it ever does get that clear, I've been thinking it might be fun to try spearfishing a wiper or walleye. I don't think there is a spearfishing record for wipers. Thats probably cuz no one is nuts enough to scuba where the visibility is truely only 3 feet!! [crazy] Can you imagine what it would be like to be in the MIDDLE of a boil, rather than just on top of one???
[signature]