Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soft baits
Howdy, I'm wanting to get back into bay fishing, and time has past me by, it's been about 25yrs. Last week I spent about a week on galvaston (San Louis Pass)area. And I understand that softbaits like assassin's and others are good to use. I would like to know more about this and other types of lures to use while wade fishing. I'm retired now and have more time to fish. My saltwater fishing had given away to freshwater back in the late 60'swhen I moved to central Texas.<br><br>
If your talking about the soft rubber fish, we call them "swimbaits" on the west coast. Many brands, most notably Fishtraps, Big Hammers, Kalin, Blam, Storm, & many more. They are proving very effective on anything that eats fish. The leadheads come in a variety of sizes, weights & colors, with & without eyes. Ask around your local tackle shops to find out what the hot colors are. The Fishtraps & Big Hammers are available online, & I'm sure you could probly find the others if you look. BFT carries the Berkely & Assasin baits. My buddy has had some good luck with the Power Bait swim baits.<br><br>I'm not affiliated with any of the manufacturers, etc.<br><br>Fishslayer<br><br>
The best swim baits on the market are as stated Fishtraps and Hammers, everything eats them.<br>Try Alex at the Rustyhook, he has the best prices I've found and a good selection of lures and lead heads.<br><br>http://www.rustyhook.com/lures.htm<br><br>there are a lot of great websites that have tips on how to fish the plastics, we are using them for everything from rockfish, halibut, salmon and tuna here on the west coast.<br><br>Jan<br><br>
Thanks, for the info, and as soon as I finish this reply, I going to check "rustyhook"...I know it seems odd, that a person just doesn't go down to the local tackle shop and get informed on tackle, but in my case the closest tackle shop is about 30 miles, and the closest that handles saltwater supplies is about 200miles, and when I do make it to the coast I'm ready to fish not talk....Soooo- even though I'm new at this, I would like to depend on good fishermen (people) like you... Anyway, one of the Largest fish I've hooked came on a lure and advice given to me from a Florida, person. Sometimes other ideas work in different areas. I did hope to find some Texas coast, or gulf coast people to share ideas on this chat line, however, I do like to here from people from other shores.....Please , I don't want to talk about cows, bulls, or horses....... <br><br>
scoobie2,<br>Just read your post and noticed that your profile shows that you are in Texas. Come and join us down on the Texas board. There are some great places to fish along the Texas coast. My favorite location is the fishing town of Port Aransas. The locals are always friendly and willing to give you the info you need to make your angling experience one that you will enjoy and remember for a long time.Port A has some of the best Gulf charter boats and guides along the Texas coast. For local fishing they have many piers. the jetty rocks are another great place to enjoy. Dont forget the surf fishing is great, and you can drive and park on the beach too![Smile]<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher &lt;*(())))))))))&gt;{<br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/</A>