Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catttin questions
does anyone on this board ever use or tried using stink baits for catfish and have u had any success with them? i was thinking about giving them a try but i never need anything but carp so why even worry about usng stink baits. just curious if the stuff works.
catfish joe
[signature]
I have tried those stinkin baits over the years with no luck! Just a worm under a bobber seems to work best for me. I have used perch meat and anchovies with sucess but the worms worked better . Hope this helps.
[signature]
the only one that i have ever had luck on was cattracker which i boiught off of the internet, and it works well on lake powell but that is really the only place i have tried it. does anyone else have any input on the "stinkin" stuff?
catfish joe
[signature]
Ive never had luck with stinkbaits, so I just all together stopped trying them and have not regretted it. Worms, chunks of fish, and shrimp have never let me down.
Anthony
[signature]
I've caught some channels with that stuff down at Utah Lake. Got it from Wal-mart, I believe it was the blood flavor, but like others have said, shrimp, worms, and cutbait works just as well.
[signature]
When I go catfishing I used a trout rig with a nightcrawer on top and shrimp on the bottom. I have also that meal worm will quit offen when I do not have shrimp.
[signature]
ok, i have another question, i have tried chicken livers once or twice with no success on utah lake or the bear river. but i have had success with them for planted catfish at willow pond why is that i wonder? have you guys ever had good success with chicken livers for cats?
catfish joe
[signature]
Stink bait is exactly what its called it stinks! the next thing you know someone spills it on them or in the boat. And you have to smell it all night.I have always done better with fresh chub minnows,sucker minnows,shrimp or fresh cut bait.fresh is almost always better in my experience.But everyone has their favorite bait. good luck and good fishing.

[url "http://www.maniaccustomlures.com"]www.maniaccustomlures.com[/url]
[signature]