Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
echo questions....
i know that there are large smallies in there and i know that there are tons of perch and nice trout, also some jumbo browns, as well as some decent sized catfish. that is my favorite place to go ice fishing, but I never see any reports on this reservior in the summer. is it not a good place to fish in the summer months ? i dont fish there in the summer, so i dont know. but does it get alot of pressure? and what other species reside in this water? also can anyone help me out on the cats in this place? i want to fish it for cats but i dont know where to fish. also do they hit on normal stuff like worms,carp, shrimp what works the best on this lake? and what areas hold the most fish. also do they have any size to them? thanks for any info anyone can give me about fishing the summer months at echo.
joe
[signature]
Echo fishes fine in the summer too. It tends to be windy and has a lot of water sports going on. The cats you ask about are nice sized and can be caught on the usual stuff, I had some guys catching them just below the rest stop using little smokeys for bait. It also Has Crappie,White fish,Brown Trout besides the fish you mention. There is also a cove just east of the north marina that tends to be one of the better places to fish.
[signature]
thank u... it helps to know at least a couple spots too try. and it is my favorite spot to ice fish, lots of perch, and large browns and rainbows. if anyone else can help me out on spots to catch the cats in this lake i would apreciate it. thanx
catfish joe
[signature]