Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry...
i will be fishing either strawberry, mudcreek or soldier creek next wednessday, what i need to know is which area will most likley get me into the most fish? and what is the best thing to use? i have only bank fished and ice fished at strawberry and i have done quite well. but this time i am going in a boat. and we will be trolling. jigging and bait fishing. i need some tips on where to go and what to use up there. when ice fishing i usually fish mudcreek. i am going down to the river near my house and catching some minnows, because i heard that is what works down there. any info on where to go and what to use is highly appreciated. thanx in advance.
catfish joe
[signature]
[cool]CatfishJoe, if you scroll back a couple of pages from last weekend, you can see what works well for MGB and hellsangler69. If you REALLY want to find out a lot of what works for a lot of people, you can go to the top of the page, and click on the link that says "Utah" and then click on the "strawberry archives" list. You'll find a plethora of info on what, where, why, and how about strawberry.
[signature]
A fishfinder would help find the fish . Try out from Mosquito Bay , Mackinaw bay or out from Mud Creek . White or chartreuse colors seem to always work in jig colors . Fish have been deep but can be anywhere now that the water is cooling . Cut the line if you baitfish to release fish and leave the fish in the water for better release . I fished up by the dam last weekend and did ok from shore . Lots of floating fish from the bait fishers in the area last week . They were releasing fish but the survival rate was poor . Lots of reports on strawberry to read for info here .
[signature]
Utcatman, I'm fishing the berry this fri/sat/sun in a fishing derby. I will be posting a full report Sunday. I Will be talking to a lot of guys. I will let you know were the best fishing is. What type of bait/lure , etc... I'm glad my dad and I res. a room at strawberry bay, it may be pretty cold at night. Fishonlynch......
[signature]
that would be awsome! i cannot wait to get up there! i was planning on trying a little bit of everything up there and seeing which produces the most fish. can anyone give some information on what kind of minnows work up there? and how do you rig them? i have a freezer full of red sided shiners, will those work?. i was thinking of tipping my jigs with them. and we will be doing some trolling. i have alot of shad raps, and i know that they will work for trolling. what about krocodile spoons will those work for trolling? thanks for the help. i have only fished it thru the ice, but i usually do quite well.
joe
[signature]
TROLL FAST ABOUT 2.5 TO 3.0 WITH RAPALAS.
[signature]
what color and size of rapalas? and also will shad raps work well? what about krocodile spoons? thank you all for the information.
joe
[signature]
If you find the schools of fish and jigg for them you could catch 50+ fish.
[signature]
Does jigging work for the rainbows too, or mostly just the cutts?
[signature]
I've only hooked into one rainbow this summer. HA69 has been lucky enough to hook into a couple rainbows the last 4 trips.
[signature]