Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
late bear river report w/pics
fished the bear river bird refuge on thursday from 11pm to 2am. fishing was good. they were letting water out of cutler res. so the current in the refuge was outraguos. i used chub meat on a dropper rig with 5/8 of an ounce of weight. i ended up with 5 nice fish. 5lber,7lb,3lbs,and a few two lbers. i only kept 2 fish for din din a 5lber and a 3 lb (pics).
missed a few other fish. no real toads that night but still fun.
JOe
aka catman...
[signature]
Nice fish!!
[signature]
thanks! catfish are the greatest,,
Catfish joe
[signature]
I grew up catching cats in SE Kansas - channel cats, flatheads and bullheads. Great fun, especially river fishing. Nothin' like a 2-3 lb. channel cat out of cear, clean water, fried up in flour and corn meal. Yum!!!
[signature]
Nice cats. I stopped keeping catfish since I could never cook them in a way they didn't taste like mud. How do you prepare them? Chicken.
[signature]
Way to go Joe on the cats . I hope to get one over 30" next year . I just keep trying till I do .
[signature]
[cool]chickenlicken, if you go to the recipies board of this website, you'll see lots of recipies, but the one I like the best is from our very own TubeDude and it's called "kittie krispies". I've got a printout of it in my fish cookbook, but if you pm TubeDude, he'll gladly send you the recipie via e-mail or pm. Or you can get it from the recipies section. Makes my mouth water just thinkin' about it! YUMMIE!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
i caught a 29 incher out there this summer it went close to 15lbs. it was a chunker fish ( really fat) !!!! caught that one in september, on carp meat. if you want a trophy cat out of utah there are only two places i fish.... the bear river bird refuge and utah lake. and sometimes the upper jordan.
Joe
[signature]