Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Morning at Las Vegas Wash 11/26 /04
Friday 11/26/04- Hit the water early, we were tossing our net in Las Vegas Wash before light. The full moon provided just enough light to see those little ripples that shad make. We ended up with a live well full of the nicest live shad we've netted this year. Some of them four inches long! Started our first drift right at dawn inside Las Vegas Wash in about 34 feet of water. The breeze pushed the Baysport pretty good, but not too fast. We ended up making four drifts, until about 8:00am when the bite tapered off. The action was the best we have experienced all year! Ended up with twenty two stripers in the ice chest. We released several small stripers and a couple of skinny ones. Most of the fish that we brought home were about two pounds. What a great day!

It was good that we arrived early for shad, because there were a lot of anglers in the Wash tossing nets that day. At one time I counted 22 boats in the area. Most of the fishermen anchored near the red channel marker (Gypsum Wash side) and chumed, presenting either cut or live bait. Several Guides were among the fleet at anchor. Everyone seemed to be getting some action.

As I finish this post I can hear the wind howling outside. I hope it calms down by 4:00am because the Baysport is hooked up and ready to go!
BaySport

No go on 11/28 way too much wind to fight!
[signature]
you're an animal, glad to hear you had such a great day!

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] So BaySport, do you have a rubber stamp for your reports? You definately have the lake (fish) figured out. Thanks for the report.

David
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]After talking to you Thursday night (Thanksgiving) from Japan, I was wondering how the Friday fishing went. Surprised to see the fishing this good so late. Right on! Get'em while the gettin's hot![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You ready for some ice fishing after Xmas? I got home yesterday evening and the temp is around 10 degrees right now after 12" of snow last night! The snowmobile is going in for a tune up and the ice shelter and power auger is coming out of storage![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I,m ready!
Dave
[signature]