Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Report. 11/28
I couldn't take it any more and had to get out of the house so I loaded up and headed to the weber. I fished from the Taggert exit off of I-84 between Morgan and Henifer. I was a little disappointed when I didn't see any browns stacked up spawning still, but at least it was cold and the dreaded W was blowing so hard I didn't even rig up the flyrod for fear of not being able to cast it. I threw spinners and a small Matzuo river minnow for about two hours; until I was frozen through. I only ended up landing two fish. One escaped as I was trying up get my camera out and a few other hits and LDRs. Not much action, the two fish I got to the bank were both small browns, maybe 14" or so.
I stopped by Rockport and Echo, just because. there wasn't a soul on either one and they were both still open and ice free. I knew they would be, but a man can dream. This is my first winter on the Wasatch front; when do Echo and Rockport usually freeze over?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I'm surprised you didn't catch any whitefish but maybe they don't like chasing lures. Rockport and Echo don't usually freeze until the end of December or January. I hope you enjoy your first winter here along the Wasatch front. WH2
[signature]
Almost went there today myself but wimped out . I caught a few near that bridge up around the bend . I like that area but haven't fished it in several years . Thanks for the report .
[signature]