Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Strawberry?
Is there any ice on strawberry yet. Just wondering how long berfore we can catch the big ones.
[signature]
[cool]Hey welcome to the board, arrowheadsaver! As someone here posted few days ago, Mud Creek Bay is starting to ice over, and from what I understand, much of it is covered, but not sure how thick the ice is. You could call the Strawberry Marina. Otherwise, you might not want to venture out on it without an innertube around your waist.[Wink] They usually know what's up. As for the rest of the lake? I'm sure people were trolling it today, but with the extra cold temps the past two weeks, it looks like we may be ice fishing everywhere on it by Christmas, maybe sooner?
[signature]
I fished mud creek today and the fishing was good there is about 4 inches of ice
[signature]
How was the water level and any more details on the fishing?

Good to hear that Mud Creek has ice, the rest of the lake should follow soon. I might have to try to get up there this week... I really need to get rid of this itch to hit the hard water!!

F4F
[signature]
I almost started drooling when I heard there was ice at mud creek. Too bad there is a warming trend this week. We are still a ways off from the whole pond freezing. How was the fishing at mud creek? How is the depth there? Need some details!
Bigcat
[signature]
[cool]Cool. Glad I could help. Catch anything?
[signature]