Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek???
Any one been there lately or heard anything, I have been putting a roof on in Heber and am thinking about it really hard, but its been dam cold. like 35 at noon...and cooler when I go home. Let me know. thanks
[signature]
Fished it last week. Very windy this time of year. Only caught 2 small planters, about 11 inches in size.
[signature]
Will Deer Creek freeze over?
[signature]
Its just a matter of the wind dying down so the water will settle. I bet it is starting already near the inlet and in some of the coves. Smile
[signature]
Deer Creek pretty much always freezes over. It's just a matter of time -- especially with how low the water is. (I did notice that the water has come up from where it was in late summer, but it's still quite low).
[signature]
Catman, My friend and I float-tubed on a New Year's Day for Doug Miller's Ch. 5 news several years ago for those perch. Yeah it was danged cold but the water was open. I guess there are some years when it does not freeze over. LOL, that took some balls to float in 34 degree water and the air at 23 degrees. My fingertips was non-existent... [Sad]Glad it was on Doug's outdoors tape for proof.[laugh]
[signature]
Look for it to Freeze over and be fishable by mid January - if the temp stay on the cold side.

They have lowered the water level of Jordenelle (at least 25 ft) to build a boat launch at the far end of the reservoir. The water level at Deer Creek went up accordingly. This will make the fishing alot better in my opinion.

So if you are planning on fishing the Rockcliff arm of Jordenelle be prepared to walk a long ways to the water - There is more bush showing and the water levels are the lowest I've seen.
[signature]
Has anyone noticed if there are many ducks holding up on Deer Creek? I'll be coming back to Utah here in a couple of weeks and I have been planning to head out for a good diver shoot somewhere. The initial plan was to hit Strawberry, but if things don't change drasitcally up there, then there won't be any bays free of ice to hunt...Deer Creek is the second choice.
[signature]