Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 12-24-04
Fished Strawberry today with Fishnpro40 fishnpro19 and just-trolling. Fishing seemed to be slow for us, but i think we were fishing a bit too deep. We were in 25 feet of water. Fishnpro40 knocked down some nice cuts one well over the slot, his son got one and a bunch of bites and i had a few bites and one fish.
There was 10 inches of ice.
[signature]
Polokid, we where fishing right next to you guys but a couple hundred feet further out in 26' of water.

Went up with Bugln4bulls and our friend Jason and their two sons, fished from 8:00-12:30. Started out picking up about 7 in the first 3 hours then it got better about 11:00, landing another 7 in the remaining hour and a half. It turned out to be a great day but a little cold and windy in the morning.

Meet kastmaster and doggonefishing out on the ice and ran into N.E.T.O. at the cheveron in Heber when we where heading up in the morning.
[signature]
Good seeing you guys today. I hope to find you again Monday. Kelly and I Iced over 20 cuts in the 18' to 20'+ range. We lost several more big ones with our boogers hanging in their mouths. 16' of water at Chicken ,fishing with shinners, right on the bottom.
Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Bite![Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]

[signature]
thanks for teh report i sure hope the w is not arounf sunday
[signature]
Nice to see you get a bow this year out of there . I thought I was going to have to show you how . LOL Wish I could of been there wind or not . It would of been better then work today .
[signature]

Good to meet you guys up there. (and nice bow) The fishing really slowed down about 30 minutes after you all left but I did manage to score a nice upper slot cutt before we left at 2:00. Our totals were a bit less than some other reports. I guess we got schooled today. My best lure proved to be a rat finkie with waxies. I couldn't buy a hit on my bigger stuff.
[signature]
Good to meet you guys also. Thanks for the assistance in taking the pictures. I have a picture of you and Kastmaster but it will not upload,somehow I got an audio attchment with the photo that could be the reason. See you on the ice.
[signature]
I guess I wasn't too patient with the spot that ended up being a semi-honeyhole for you. I had one bite after you left, missed it, and none more after that. As doggonefishin said, he and I got schooled alright, but I felt like I was sent to detention, couldn't get a bite after trying techniques that everyone was using. Oh well, I am plotting my revenge on the inhabitants of Strawberry hardwater for my next trip. My pleasure to help out with the pictures, that ice sled looks good, especially with the BFT sticker on it, doesn't it? It was a pleasure meeting you and the rest of the BFT'ers. See you on the ice.
How was the wind?
[signature]
Wind was bad all day. It was a tent day for sure!
[signature]
My daughter and I were there also. We fished further out and only landed 3. I was glad we were in the tent. We had the windows open and the top of the door open before we managed to get the temperature down to 86.

We only had 9 fish show up on the vexlars all morning.
[signature]