Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry.. help
i am headed up to strawberry tomarrow and wanted to know what they are hitting, where they are hitting, and how deep of water to fish.. any info will help. i havnt been up this year so i dont have any patterns down yet.. thanks in advance.
[signature]
green jigs paddle bugs stuff like that with a mealworm or wax worm or two on them fish in 15 ft to 25 ft of water and fish one or 2 cranks up from the bottom best of luck me and cbr a couple other fine fellows will be there best of luck to you we will be on radio channel 12 if you have them use them
[signature]
Mike, you are right on the money. The only thing I did different was to use a piece of shinner for bait. I started with wax worm and only had a few bites, but switched to shinner and pounded them. The shinner has a strong scent that seams to help. Remember to fish on the very bottom at the Berry for most of the fish. I also used white whatta crickets with equal success. Don't use any other jig, or lure with this set up. You won't see or feel the bite as well.
[signature]