Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the rock for a few hours today...
i fished up at rockport today from 7 until 1030, fishin was good for me and my freind, we probably caught 20 perch each and at least 15 trout, my buddy that was with me was using 2 lb test and knockin the trout dead, he keeps his drag loos so that he wont get busted off, all was good for him until he gott spooled!! he was mad that all i had was 6lb maxima, we think it was a big brown,,, a really big brown!! we were fishing with out a finder so i think we were in 40 feet of water or so.
[signature]
[cool]That sounds like a fun trip. Too bad your buddy didn't get to land that big brown! Were you fishing the west or east side? I think I'm gonna hit it tomorrow a.m. over on the west side.
[signature]
i was fishing the west side at the last or second to last turn off, they wouldnt hit it if it wasnt fresh bait though,there was a guy fishing by his lonsome over near the inlet by the open water, i thought he was crazy... i am thinkin of headin up there tomarrow as well, but i havnt decided yet.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the info, Utcatman. I think I'll get some of those glow night crawlers from that gas station down the hill. Those should do the trick till I get some Perch eyes. I'll be at the 2nd turnoff at about 7:00. Will have the radio with on ch. 12-0 and I drive a white two door accord. Maybe I'll see ya out there.
[signature]
channel 12... sound good to me, if i head up there i will take my radio, but if i dont see you, i will be at east canyon, still Undecided. but you wiill most likely see me, or at least hear me, I have an extremly loud car!!
[signature]
I was up there as well today. We fished over off he boat ramp in about 40' of water. Between the two of us we limited on perch but only caught 2 trout and they were both small. one of them hit it on the way down. I was hopin for one of those big browns but thats the way it goes.
[signature]