Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow
Just got back from Sand Hollow...and I must say the weather was changeable. Saturday's arrival met with overcast drizzly skies...but the fishing was great...for the one hour we had before dark. A fast retreat to the motel, and a warm shower and bed...then all too quickly the alarm sounded and we rushed back to the lake...the fish are waiting...so it's the early worm that catches the bass.

Now to the meat and potatoes...Saturday we threw spinnerbaits, jig&pig and in that 60 minutes we were on the water we boated 3 fish over 16 inches, 4 fish 15 inches, and 7 fish ranging between 14 & 15 inches.

Sunday started out cold and clear...the typical blue bird day...it was going to be tough fishing. But...not that tough. We sped to a different spot on the lake...one not fished the evening prior and worked our way around the lake for about 2 hours before the first fish was boated. It must have rung the breakfast bell because after that the hookset was consistent and almost uniform. We caught fish on spinner baits, yamamoto creature baits, and on jig&pig. The total fish count for Saturday was 22 fish...that ranged from 12 inches to 16 1/4 inches. The 16 1/4 inch fish was 2 lbs 2 oz. and the 12 inch fish was 15 oz. We left the water by 1:15 PM wiped down the boat and headed home. All in all not a bad weekend of C&R.
[signature]
Wow you slayed those bucketmouths!I want to go there this summer and campout and do some fishing.How is the boat ramps there are they accesible for larger boats? How far is it ?
[signature]
They have an excellant boat ramp but Sand Hollow is and it's only a guess about a 50 acre lake. and it's about 40 - 60 feet deep at it's deepest. It's not that big...but it's a lot of fun. It also has great campsights. It's a fee area.

So not knowing the size of your boat...I can't say...I run a 20 ft bassboat.
[signature]
so did you get any pics? would love to show the guys in my bass club how you did but they want pics
[signature]
Yes I did get pictures I'm trying to put them on I'm dum about this, I'm trying to get help that I need thank.
[signature]
Sand Hollow is a wonderful place and a great place to fish for bass an I hope it will stay this way and I hope everyone will please do C&R, the DWR dose not have a planting plan for bass so it is not a planted with bass it is sponing to replace the bass, C&R dose work thank.
[signature]
I just got Cliff's photos from this trip and will have them posted on my website by this afternoon.

Will let you know.
[signature]
Here are some pics of his from Sand Hollow.

[Image: IMG_0238.sized.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0237.sized.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0236.sized.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0241.sized.jpg]
[signature]
You can see the cover in the background, that way under water to the fish were all about the same thanks.
[signature]
Oh boy those are very nice photographs... not of you, (silly You!) but of the background... I can see how that place would hold lots of bass with those structures. Now I am really drooling at the prospect of going there this spring or summer! Thanks for the photo.
[signature]
[signature]
Is the lake full yet or is there still more to go?
[signature]
Another question. How do you get the From I-15?
[signature]
The lake is full for this year, next year they will bring it up another 10 to 15 feet more.
[signature]
To get there you take the Hurricane exit off I-15 and watch for the sign on the right hand side of the road. Quail Creek is on the left and Sand Hollow is on the right about a mile past Quail Creek.
[signature]