Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter?
I hope winter isn't over. All this warm weather is great, but we need more storms to fill up the lakes for the summer.

Tincanfsh.
[signature]
From what I heard, as long as It doesn't get too warm this month, this year could be the drought buster. As much as I like the good weather, I could hold out for another month. Does the I-F-O have a dance for this? Al
[signature]
I had a student who needed to build some flight time today so we did a bit of running around. Here is my UNOFFICIAL HIGH ALTITUDE LAKE REPORT.
Utah Lake - All open water
Yuba – open water and looked pretty low
Gunnison, Redmond, and other small lakes in that area – Open water
Joes Valley, Scofield, Strawberry – All frozen and snow covered
Jordanelle – partially frozen, partially open
Rockport – Ice covered, some water spots. I’m not an ice fisherman but it didn’t look good from my vantage point but there were people out on it.
East Canyon – Partially open
[black]There is still a lot of snow in the mountains. But I think if we don’t get plenty of moisture as the year progresses we’ll just drain the lakes again. [/black]
[signature]
I think T-I-O does have a dance for this but it's not pretty.

With all of this warm weather and water temp's going up won't it put the fish in to spawn a little early. And won't it screw it up if there's a cold snap for a week or two?

Tincanfsh
[signature]
We found some cold weather this weekend at Scofield. When we arrived at 6:30 a.m. Sunday the temperature was a balmy four degrees. Not much snow melting that day! We were prepared for it, but we sure didn't expect it. Thought those temps were long gone. Fishing was great, left at 9:00am and we both limited out with 14"+ fish. When we left the temp had climbed to 13 degrees. A slow melt will help alot this year.

Chester
[signature]