Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake conditions???
Anybody been to Fish Lake lately? I'm thinking I might try to squeeze in one last ice fishing trip, but I don't know how the ice is holding up. If you've been to Fish Lake in the last few days, please let us know how thick the ice is, if there's a lot of snow on top of it, whether the roads are clear, etc. THANKS!
[signature]
To To SkinnyLynnie,
I was there Friday and Saturday last week. I fished the north end. There is two feet of ice, some snow has settled. Easy walking in old four wheeler tracks. Caution don't drive your vehichle on the unmaintenced road. The road is in excellent shape clear to Bowery Haven. I fished the second half of the day Saturday at twins creeks. Twin creeks is starting to open up a little. Ice is in good shape thirty feet from open water. My guess is for this weekend it will be safe and for a couple of more weekends to come. I would be fishing it tomorrow morning but I'm starving for a perch fry. So I'll be fishing at mill meadows; hopefully catching 10 inchers instead of five. Maybe back to fish lake on saturday with the boys.Good luck.
PIKEMAN
[signature]
[cool]I believe fuzzyfisher was headed out that way today, and will probably have a report for ya soon.
[signature]
the ice is holding up good..but the snow on top the ice is getting realy soft and slushy in the afternoon.. in the morning we could go any where we wanted to on the wheeler..but in the afternoon we had to stay on a well beatin path to get back.. ice was about 24" thick with about 6 to 8 inchs of snow on top.. it was 50 degrees up there at 4:00 yesterday when i left.. wind was off and on all day gust's up to 25mph at times..
[signature]