Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish lake report 3/13/05
well had to give it one more try befor giveing up my auger for the year.. was alot colder there sunday than it was thursday.. fishing was good all day..we cought alot of fish most were small splake and bow's with some nicer splake and bow's mixed in.. biggest fish was A 20" splake.. did not seam to mater much what we used as long as it was tipped with perch we would get hit..
ice is about 24" think but is getting soft and mushey on top about first 8" or so.. still 2 to 3 weeks left on the safe ice down there i think.. no pic's again no fish realy worth getting one of.. just cought alot of them..
[signature]
Did you try fishing for the macks? Thanks for the report. What is the name of the animal under username? I was thinking it was a marten but I wasn't sure. WH2
[signature]
yeah i tryed fishing for the mack's for about 4 hrs in 68 feet of water.. had one good hit and some lookers and thats it..

why it's a fisher of corse..
[signature]
Naw,, its a Fuzzyfisher, HAR! HAR!

Sorry the doo's didnt treat ya better at FL Ron .. But atleast the Splake and slime rockets wanted to play.. Feed anymore to Eagles? [Wink]

For me its a real hoot and privilge to have an Eagle swoop in and snatch a fish while ice fishing.. I've had it happen 3 times at FL, twice in one day.. Someday I hope to be fast enough with the camera to get a picture..
[signature]
Hey Fuzz Dude,
This is the pikeman on my sons ( the bomb ) board. I knew that was you that rode by me at fish lake. That was me in the green tent you went past. I was there with 3 of my boys and my grandson. Should have stopped by and said hello. Saturday was twice as good of fishing with no north wind. Talking about the eagle I too have fed him for about five years a couple of fish a trip. And I was fast enough to catch him on film. Be sure to watch doug miller for the next couple of weeks it should be on snap shot of the week. Hopefully I will win a volcano cooker for my friends in the picture. He has about a six to eight foot wing span. He's not afraid to come within two feet of you. Pikeman
[signature]
yeah i did not know you were there.. but i would very much like to get with you up there and tap your brain a bit on the where to's of fish lake.. and of course i'll let you in on all i know as well..
the eagle came over right after you left.. but it was picking up stuf around the old holes, left over bait i'm sure..
[signature]
Yeah the animal on the 4 wheeler doing wheelies was my first animal from my first marriage. Yes I would like to hook up and fish with you. I Would be interested sometime in going to the Gorge ice fishing with you. Where the numbers are more and the fish are bigger. Yes I do know fish lake pretty well. I do know that they have not planted any macks in there since 89. They are around 15 - 20 pounds. The ones 20 pounds and bigger are very few and far between. The ones under 15 have been raised in the lake. They are lucky to be alive. fish on dude. Pikeman
[signature]
Hey did you make it to mill meadows, if so how was the perch fry?
[signature]