Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell
I had to cut my trip short. I left at 3:00 on the 17th we got their about 9:00 a good trip but long the lake looked like a sheet of glass a picture, but low, we left the dock an headed around pasted the dam, to get out to were the bays open up, was about 15 miles with the low water, we went about 25 to were we started to fish cLIFF made the first cast and hook set, we got a look and saw color of a large smalle and then gone he broke of (he was horseing him to much) then Ken set the hook and had a 16 1/2in smalle in the boat an then a 15in an Cliff had one that was 15 1/2in so we went from solfbaits to hardbaits an had a triple on we had 3 big strippers 2 were 5 to 6lb an the other was 8 to 9lb we left there to hit another cove when all HELL hit my big motor would not run the wind come up and the waves, an they got to be big waves, and were coming over the bow all I could do was idle, we had not seen another boat and we had to go strait into the wind an waves, it was 2:00 by now the water was 53 but with wind chill an wet it was cold. About an hour or so Ken was getting to cold so I gave him my gortex rainwear coat an thing started looking up we was at buoy# 15 but it was now 4:00 or so, we made it back at 6:00 very cold an wet. Found out that two bolts had broke on the air compressor motor, and that puts me an Cliff out of the bass tour. and home.

P.S. the fishing was great what we had.
[signature]
dude that sucks about your boat. at least you caught some fish first though
[signature]
Yes it is booth good and bad one of my sponsors wants me to work the isc show tomorrol so if your around there stop by the DAIWA booth an say hi. It is across from Sportsmen around their I think.
[signature]
I would stop by and say hi, but i live in richfield so it is quite the long drive for me
[signature]
If you live there maybe you can help me? I am trying to find out what kind of fish is in Piute? is there bass? thanks
[signature]
from what i ahev been told there used to be bass in there, but not anymore, it has ran almost completly these last 2 or 3 years, and last fall they repaired the dam there. so all the fish in there will be the trout that the hatchery puts back in there.

Otter creek used to have bass, but it ran low of water this last fall, but it didnt run dry so i bet that there are some hold over smallies in there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[cool]Man, that really sucks about the wind and the damage to the boat. Thank the good Lord you guys came out of it safe, and at least you were able to catch some nice fish before all heck broke loose!

On a more humorous note, were the "strippers" good looking at least? LOL!
[signature]
No they were big fat and well, I like large and smallmouth they are good looking the rest well just more fun but the strippers are big and FAT now that the shad are in lake powell, we need them in all the lakes that have walleye an bass in them, then we would have a lot more great fishing lakes. with bigger fish.
[signature]
[cool]I think it would be great too, if we had more shad in some of our Bass waters around here. Again, good thing you guys got off the lake safely. How much (dollar wise) damage do you think it did to your boat? That really sucks, that it's gonna keep you out of the tourneys for a while.[pirate]
[signature]
The lowest is $685. and they still have to see if anything else they start tomorrol.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Boats - a large hole in which to pour your money into. Man, can I relate to that! Hoping the best for you! Good Luck.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]