Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no proof
The no proof is I don't yet have a digital camera. But I really wanted to tell you about the Ice conditions at Fish Lake. First of all it was a beautiful day, slight breeze, partly cloudy. The fishing was excellant. The catching was even better. I arrived at 7:30 a.m. on Mackinaw point. Punched the first hole at 26 feet. Put my eight year old on that hole. Went out to 35 feet for myself. The boy ended up catching 13 out of the first hole with the old stand by, flasher and perch meat. Kept 6 keepers. 16 inch splake and 1 perch. Got him smiling early cause he was whippin' on the old man. Caught apprx. 10 splake in the 35 foot depth, second hole, kept 2 16 inchers to finish up the limit , by 8:45 a.m. Fishin with a white what-a-crickit. Preceded to go deep for lake trout at that time. Went 80 feet deep. In the 2 1/2 hours we were there caught 2 mack on tube jigs with sucker meet. The eight year old continued to kick my butt, jigging with berkley gulp 15 feet under the ice. He then caught 11 rainbows and 1 splake. Really got a kick out of watching the fish hit the jig through the ice hole. Took off at 11:15 for the truck. He couldn't wait to tell somebody about out fishing his dad. Fish cop met us at the truck. He asked the fish cop to ask me who the man is. He's had real fun with making me say he's the man to all his family. The reason why I posted this post? I fish every weekend and hardly ever post. I wanted you guys to know how good the ice fishing conditions hold up at Fish Lake compared to anywhere else in the state. The ice is still 18-24 inches. The snow is settled and the walking is simple. As of today no slush on top. I would expect good fishing with good ice conditions for another 2-3 weeks. By the way the mack's were approx. five pounds and seven pounds. I donated the jigs never taking the fish out of the water so that some day we might get lucky and catch a 40 pounder . Me or one of my sons or grandsons.PIKEMAN & the little man
[signature]
Sounds like a blast, did you take you new velexar out today? It sounds like it may have been a good thing that you left your other boy at home, or else you would have gotten stomped real good.
I am going to have to hit you up about going at least one more time before ice off.
[signature]
Great report. I look forward to the day I can drag my grandkids out for a bit of hard toppin'. Good ta hear ya got into a coulpe Mac also. It dont look like I'll get down there this ice season but its great to read the reports coming from FL.
[signature]
Hey man, thanks for the report. It sounds like you guys were really having a nice time.
[signature]