Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper Line
Can I get some advice on a good line for wiper trolling i.e. line/test. I'm refilling my spools and thought I'd ask what everyone thought. Had some hard hits last year that broke my 8 or 10 Lb. flouro. Thanks ,TM
[signature]
last year i ran 20lb trilene for wipers and never had one brake the line, this year ive respooled with 20lb Cajun red line.
[signature]
WELL IF YOU TROLL FOR THEM I WOULD USE 14LBS OR BETTER OF FLORALCARBON PERSONALLY I HAVE SWITHED TO EXCALIBUR SILVER THREAD. AT POWELL I GOT A SNAG USEING 8LB TEST EXCALIBUR AND I COULD NOT GET IT TO BREAK. I TIGHTENED MY DRAG ALL THE WAY AND IT WOULD MAKE MY DRAG SING PULLING ON IT, SO I HAD TO CUT IT. YOU CAN BUT EXCALIBUR FOR CABELLAS AND IT IS TOP NOTCH LINE.
[signature]
Hey i agree with mike! He talked me into using it and i put 8 lb test and it has saved a lot of my lures at lincoln.[Wink] You can always put silver thread and use flourocarbon as a leader.
[signature]
[cool] im using 20# power pro and a loose drag with a 7' rod and have had no problems wil drag trees outa the water hehe...
[signature]
I use 12 lb Triline but any good quality line should work as long you change it at least once a year. I usually keep my drag loose enough to pull line from it fairly easy, once I pull the pole from the holder I'll tighten it down if the wiper isn't pulling too hard. I also use braided Spider wire but only when I'm pulling my side planners. WH2
[signature]