Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC report 5/18
Well, after a few successful trips to Utah Lake for walleyes lately, I decided to head up to DC and see what was up. Ibefishn and myself got on the water at about 4 PM ... just as a few small boats were coming off the water due to the wind. They had several decent trout (unfortunately, I did not get the details on their bait, etc .... was too anxious to get out after some 'eyes [unsure]). Found the surface temp to be 58 degrees near the North boat ramp ..... 60 degrees up on the North end of the lake near the river. Drifted around the North end with little action and decided to try in the river mouth itself. Picked up one walleye about 14" .... we missed a couple others. Seems as though I may have been about a week too early for the walleyes, but it is not far off with those surface temps! Back to Utah Lake for me for a few days I guess[Wink].
[signature]
WAIT TILL JUNE. THEN GET UP ON THE FLATS. THEY WILL BE ON THE KILLER SUMMER PATTERN. TROLL ANYTHING.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip. I only fished it once last year and had numerous motor issues so I have been really anxious to give it a shot this year. I figured I may be a little early[crazy].
[signature]