Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview before the crowds
Decided to make a fast trip up to Pineview today and was on the water by 6 AM. The water was like glass. Beautiful day...and best of all...I was fishing.

Location one...five casts...five smallies. Biggest one was 13 inches, smallest was 11 inches.

Location two...three casts...three smallies. Biggest one was 12 inches...with the smallest 11 inches...hmmmmm a pattern.

Location three...first cast...a sneaker...grabbed my lure...and meandered away. When I set the hook...all I got was the bullwhip effect...with no tiger...and no lure. Nothing else hit.

Location four...drifted a 50 yard stretch of bank...amist a bankrunning storytelling fisherman...who was stretching the truth in true fisherman tradition about a 60 inch tigermuskie...that laid there long enough to get measured...but then spooked when he tried to net it...speeding off into the sunset...straightening all the hooks on his lure. With foot on the trolling motor...I tried to outdistance him...but he jogged along shore...running off at the mouth faster than my 109 lb thrust trolling could go. He seemed a nice young man...with a southern accent...but in true fisherman's form...the fish tale was spun. I learned he not only hooked that trophy tiger...but the same day he hooked a 51 inch catfish which also got away at the net. Uh huh...Time to change locations...

Location five...Peace and quiet again...boated one largemouth about 14 inches.

Location six...water skier showed up...almost got a hook-up. Darn he got away!!!

Fished numerous other spots...and about 2:30 PM the water skier's were getting unbearable and crowded, so with 30 plus bass and only one being a bucketmouth...decided to head for the dock.

No perch sighted or caught and no crappie sighted or caught this trip. Talked with a couple of guys fishing for them, but they hadn't had any luck.

Water temperature at launch was 59 degrees. Water temperature at departure was 69 degrees.

All in all a very enjoyable day on the water. Mojo rules.
Tight lines...
[signature]
Boy sounds like my kind of day. No mention of bait, if you don't mind were you using plastic, surface lures, crank bait? I know this can be somewhat of a personal thing but without telling all your secrates can you point me in the direction of your bait?

Scottieb
[signature]
I was using Yamamoto grubs and 4 1/2 inch worms on Mojo drops shots. The fish were color sensitive and would only hit on two colors all day long...PM me for colors.
[signature]