Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p uanyone been to the middle provo letely?
hey all,

has anybody been up to the middle provo latly. if so could you tell me what their hitting and the water temp. I am thinking of heading up soon and want to know what to look forward to.

thanx,
FB2
[signature]
Hi fishboy2 , I stopped by the middle provo sunday , but only fished it for 30 minutes . What type of fishing will you be doing ? I was jig fishin , didn't bring my fly rod this trip . I could see them chasing my jig but they wouldn't pick it up . I tried black , white , brown smoke with pepper , and chartreuse . I think if I had a fly rod I would of used a muddler minnow and would of had a hook up . hey good luck to you.
[signature]
i can say when i went a month ago there were alot of sick fish. i posted on this awhile ago and it has me very concerned. all the bigger fish were infected and the small ones were still aggressive. i hope you do well. we cuaght a few but it looks like its going to be a heavy kill this winter in that area. i counted over 20 dead and i dont know how many infected. i would say thought head up to the restoration area below jordanelle. i dont know the exact name. it was full of fish and they were all healthy and aggressive. we got there a bit too late but missed a zillion bites in just a hours span. plenty of 15 to 19 inchers in there. im sure there are some bigger just didnt see them that day.
[signature]
Fished it a few times last week, and did ok, not great. Caught most of the fish on a Sow Bug.

Good Luck

Jacob
[signature]
hey,

I mostly fly fish but I have used spinners but I have never jigged it. where wre you at? I usually fish up below the legacy bridge in midway. I usually catch a lot on a emerger but now there arnt very many hatching so that has not produced well. After the main hatch i use a san juan worm w/ a sow bug attacted about 7 inches below.

good lusk to you too.

FB2
[signature]
hey,

The sickness you said Im going to asume is the same one i saw, " white fungus looking growths on the head" is caused by stress. it tore me up to see alll the trophy class fish dying off. im stuck on bike right now so im stuck going up to the legacy bridge area. i fly fish and catch a lot on a san juan worm w/ a sow bug underneath.

good luck to you too.

FB2
[signature]
hey,

I do about the same w/ about the same type of flies. I am on bike so i fish the legacy bridge area on midway lane.

good luck to you too

FB2
[signature]