Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck Hunting???
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]I know this might be in the wrong area, but anybody going to be duck hunting on the opener on saturday? I just wanted to see if anybody else on this board hunts too.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I'll be out in the craziness Saturday. Don't plan on shooting any shovelers or goldeneyes though!!!!
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]I'm not a big fan of those shovelers and goldeneyes either. So far all I have seen (scouting) is a bunch of teal. Wouldn't mind a bag limit of those though. They are pretty tasty I think.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I will be out in the crazieness. Hopefully I will survive and not get to carried away blasting holes in the sky. I know almost everyone else will be so why not join them... [Tongue]
[signature]
I'll be out on the Bird Refuge...
Say No To Sky Busting!!!!
Jethro
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Hey Jethro, that's one of the things I hate about the opener. When I get home after the opener I can collect all the BB's in me and reload a box of shells with them. Like Jethro said "Say no to Sky Busting"
[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I am heading out!!! Just for everyones info ALL the ducks/geese that are in the state right now are at Farmington Bay so EVERYONE go there if you want to shoot your limit and 5 boxes of shells!!

SAY NO TO SKYBUSTERS..that is ment for all the dike BUBBA'S!!..You know who you are!!!
[signature]
Yes, EVERYONE go to FB. There are tons of birds out there and an new ATV trail to use. The ponds are loaded to the gills. I will be there with everyone else.

Friends dont let friends skybust.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I thought I might be able to get away from the sky busters by going elephant hunting. But, then I got a look at the size of the decoys and changed my mind.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck everybody.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
not on the opener. but i cast and blast the berry every yr.
[signature]
I hit FB 3am opening mornin and didn't even get my spot I wanted already taken?? But ended up with a pretty good spot, got 5 GW teal, 2 mallards and 1 real big goose (18lbs). The wind picked by 10am and the ducks started flying everywhere had my limit before noon, Best opener in years!!
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Hit Ogden Bay on the opener...First time ever there. Did okay got 2 GW teals and 2 BW teals. My buddy got the same and an extra mallard. Definitely need a dog at that place. Hit the Layton wetlands in the evening and got two fat mallard drakes.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I went to the Refuge this weekend...
Sat 4 hunters 28 ducks and I got 3 geese 1 was banded..
Sun 3 hunters 21 ducks and I got 1 goose..
Mon 2 hunters 5 ducks (rain was nasty.. Nothing moving..)
Next weekend will be better...
Jethro
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Man sounds like I got to go with you Jethro. My buddy went to Farmington Bay on Monday and bagged 2 geese. I was kinda jealous cause I was going to with him but had to work.
[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
You can come anytime Kraizee_shot..
Just send me a PM
Jethro
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Right on!!! I might just have to take you up on that sometime this year.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]