Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double-mouth fish .....
Subject: DOUBLE-MOUTH FISH PULLED FROM NEB.LAKE

[url "http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=12441447&ps=1020&cat=&cps=0&show=big&lang=en"][Image: AH11112212006.jpeg][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/url] A rainbow trout fished out of Holmes Lake in Lincoln, Neb., on Dec. 17, 2005, features a double...Double-Mouthed Fish Pulled From Neb. Lake
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:21 PM EST
The Associated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — This fish didn't have a chance. A rainbow trout pulled out of Holmes Lake last weekend had double the chance to get hooked: It had two mouths.
Clarence Olberding, 57, wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a pound.
"I reached down and grabbed it to take the hook out, and that's when I noticed that the hook was in the upper mouth and there was another jaw protruding out below," said Olberding.
He said in his 40 years of fishing, he's never seen anything like it.
Don Gabelhouse, head of the fisheries division of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, said a two-mouthed fish was new to him, too.
"It's probably a genetic deformity," he said. "I don't think there's anything wrong with it."
The second mouth didn't appear to be functional, Olberding said. He has plans for the fish, which don't included mounting.
"I'm going to smoke it up and eat it," he said.
———
[signature]
That is an odd freak of nature. I guess that would put a little more resistance on the ole 2lb test.[cool]
[signature]
I wonder if these fish are twice as likely to bite, fight twice as hard, look twice as nice mounted on the wall, taist twice as good skillet fried?

I think that trout has been watching to much simpsons.
[signature]
I wonder if thats legite? Or photoshop and an active imagination?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Here is a link to the full story on the Nebraska Newspaper. [url "http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/12/21/top_story/extras/doc43a8a41f9e573446927890.txt"]Lincoln Nebraska Newspaper[/url]

There is also an up date to the article called [url "http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/12/22/local/doc43ab034f1745b726267982.txt"]Fish Headed to Harvard.[/url]

[cool]
[signature]
...pulling one of those in,
that'd be the day haha
[signature]
Hey... I caught a cutthroat trout with two mouth's at Strawberry Reservoir in Utah in 2003 and it looked quite similar to this one. I have caught several fish with odd "deformations" there like two tails... It happened often enough that I thought it was not terribly uncommon. At the new Cabelas in Lehi Utah they have a Cutthroat with two tails in their tank, probably came from Strawberry.
[signature]
Thats freakish!!!!

I used to have a pic of a Pike with 2 heads. I will have to dig around and see if I can find it.
[signature]
I'm really surprised he didnt mount it. I would have![Smile]
[signature]
It Kinda reminds me of the fish on the Simpsons ...with 3 eyes [Wink]
[signature]