Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 12-26-05
Arrived a little after 8am. I got down to the ice and started fishing as soon as I drilled my first hole. The stupid fish wouldn't even let me setup my new fishfinder. First drop I got stripped. 2nd, I nailed a 19"; 3rd another 19"; 4th an 18.5"(I'm trying to assemble my fishfinder here[blush]). Eventually, I got the finder in the water. I was at 40' and water temp 28*.

I only dropped 32 times. 22 fish caught, stipped 6 times, 2 lost at the hole, and twice I reeled up just to drop back down again, then wham!

Some on the bottom, a bunch on the way down, and a couple right underneath the hole when I was trying to eat[Tongue], stupid fish(they are lucky I eat cows and chocolate).

I left the plowed parking lot at 1:00(27*). The snow storm was hitting pretty hard then.

The usual baits- paddlefrogs with mealie minnows[Wink].

[signature]
Did you wander down the boatramp and try it? What are "paddlefrogs and mealieminnows"? Did you have to break out the "Portable Sun"?
[signature]
I thought you counldn't afford to ice fish this year? LIAR! I was catching Bass on Mantua. And getting rained on.
Too bad, I was at "Heaven" beating up poor little slimers. All new years week, I'll be on the ice. I do this every year.

I'll stop ice fishing around the first of Feb. Unless, someone with a snowmobile happens to be heading to the secret place [Wink].

[signature]
A.....secret spot??????
[signature]
I'm headed up Wednesday. You can ride Bit><. I'll PM you with details later tonight when we get it figured out.

IFG
Thanks for the report. I should have gone there instead of Rockport, moved around quite a bit, couldn't find the perch. Saw some suspended fish, but couldn't get them to bite either. I got to Rockport around 8:00, parking lot at the 2nd bathroom was full, area north of the parking lot (by the Rocky point) looked like a little city. I left around 11:30 with nary a bite to show for and barely got ahead of the rainstorm.
[signature]
Silly Tomegun...you had a pretty good day my friend. We decided at the last minute to head up there, and we rode to the "secret spot"...only the fish weren't there! Stupid slimers! We moved around a LOT, and finally found some willing fish around noon. Most of the fish we caught today were on the small end of the slot, which is very unusual. I iced one that was 22", but the rest were relative dinks. A pretty dissapointing day if you ask me. Oh well, should be better next time!
[signature]
Fished the berry today with Kent,TinCanFish and met up with Bmurr on the ice. Can't say the fishing was as fast as yours but it was a close second. Fished just outside mudcreek on the main body of water. Between the 3 of us we iced at least 65 Bmurr's crowd did alright also. Fished right threw the snow storm and left when it got dark. Great day on the ice.
[signature]
Glad you guys could have a good day out there Mike. There didn't look to be a whole lot of people out in MC bay when we drove past. What depth did you find the fish at?
[signature]
The best area was in 21' of water. Had to move around afew times before we found the honey hole. We did catch them at depths of 19'-32'.
[signature]