Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 3/4/06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Decided to go out to LB to chase some eyes. Left SLC at about 6 am with fenwick. Arrived at LB at around 6:45, and did not get on the water until 7. Weather was a little gloomy, but it did look like it would clear.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Started to slowly wade out being careful not to take a chilly bath. First couple of casts were blank. After about 7-8 casts....BAM! hookup. Felt like a really nice something....turned out to be a huge carp.[mad] After a couple more casts and wham again, this time it was an eye for sure. First eye of the year[sly]....it was about 17 inches and looked really healthy. Couple more casts and wham again another hookup....same sized fish. Fenwick was right next to me and after a couple casts after my cast...boom he hooked up, yet again another keeper eye. After those fishies we were getting a little cold, due to the fact that we forgot our gloves, and the water was just plain COLD!!! Headed back for the truck at about 9.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Stayed in the truck to warm up a little. After about 20 minutes we were joined by our 2 other buddies that decided to get out a little later. We headed out again at about 9:30. Went to the same spot and after a little while one of my other buddies hooks up on a nice whitie. 3 casts later he hooks up with another eye (same size). 20 min go buy and he hooks up again on yet another nice wally. After that it just shutdown.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]We left about 11:30 or so and decided to try the second spring area. Was out there for about a half hour and decided that we would head over to Provo Boat Harbor.[/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]We just drove around to see if anybody had caught anything and they said no. Snapped some pics there and headed home. All in all it was a very great day. The weather was a little gloomy in the morning, but it cleared up nicely. Felt great to get my first eyes of the year. They weren't the biggest by all means, but they were freakin delicious!!![cool][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Kraizee, you just made the decision of where I am going to fish tomorrow.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Hope to see you out there. We are headed out from SLC at about 6 am or so. Just look for the 3 kraizee guys wading in ice cold water (unless there are more people). Oh yeah I forgot to mention we were the only ones out wading.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Way to go.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you left a couple for me. Headin' out soon.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
plenty left over...lol
[signature]
Mind sharing with us what you were using to be so successful?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]I was using a 3" grub. Color was smoke body with chartruese tail. Fish it slowly just right off the bottom. Good Luck. Unfortunately we did not make it out there today. Hope TD did alright.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
yummy walleyes!!!! thats kinda cool that we can still wade out to our spots if you still remember the way out...lol...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's where it pays to know the underwater contours out there. Most of the places you fished on dry land two years ago are under several feet of water now. That requires a full wet suit and a snorkel.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody who wants to go wading along Lincoln Beach these days should either know where they are wading and/or have somebody else along to drag their soggy selves back to shore when they step off into a dropoff. It can be cold...and dangerous.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]Nice job, Skot! Way to smack those wascally wallies!!! I can't wait to get out there in two weeks!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Yeah it's a good thing we go out there enough that we sorta-kinda remember where to go. Had a couple of interesting spots when we were out there that day, but we did manage to stay dry...at least fenwick did. I had a couple of interesting leaks in my waders so I stayed about 50% dry.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
hahhaha yeah most of the time im always the one taking a bath..thats why i always carry a bottle of shampoo in my waders[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]That's right your always falling in, no matter where we go. I'm surprised u didn't fall in that day....but you did come pretty close to going in.[sly][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]