Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper Tournament Registration Fees and Breakdown Preview
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I know a lot of people are wondering about the registration fees for the Wiper Tournament. The site is almost complete and here is a preview of the costs involved and their break down. This is PER PERSON.[/size][/black][/font]

[size 2]Mandatory Registration
$25.00[/size]
[black][size 1](you either borrow or buy your own BFT Flag)[/size][/black]

[size 2]Mandatory registration including optional big fish side pot [/size]
[size 2]$30.00
[size 1](you either borrow or buy your own BFT Flag)[/size]

[/size]

[size 2]Mandatory registration with flag
$32.00[/size]
[black][size 1](40% discount on Flag)[/size][/black]

[size 2]Mandatory registration with flag, and big fish side pot.
$35.00[/size]
[black][size 1](50% discount on Flag)[/size][/black]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]$12 goes into the prize money. $13 goes directly to the State of Utah. Thank the Utah State Parks for adding $13 to your registration fee to use their park for the event. You are also responsible for your own $9 entrance fee. [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Big Fish Side Pot is an optional side pot for individual anglers. Side pot winner will win all side pot entry money and a BFT Gear Package. You are only eligible to win Big Fish if you register using a side pot option above. Only Wipers are eligible for side pot.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]A BFT Flag will be displayed in a visible manner on you boat during the tournament. There will be some flags available for borrow so if you don't want to buy a flag, you don't have to.[/size][/font]
[signature]
BLM, this is all good to me. Got a question... I am definitely going for the 35 buck deal. I get to keep the flag? Prolly so as I read the discount part on the flag.

The real question is, after my own deal, you only need one flag on your boat, so can my partner go the lesser deal like on 25 dollars while sponging off my boat and my flag? Or must the team be on the same price?

Can't wait to bash some wipers!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]One flag per boat so, yes, your partner can register at the $25 minimum fee but he will not be eligible in the side pot.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
So if I am understanding this right if you enter the big fish pot option you cant win the tourney?[Sad]

By the way,when you gonna be hitting willard,jordanell was fun yesterday,but them wipers are calling me out again,maybe sunday.
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]So if I am understanding this right if you enter the big fish pot option you cant win the tourney?[Sad] [/size]
[/quote]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Absolutely not! The side pot is exactly that - a side pot, not connected to the tournament winnings. It is an independent contribution for the biggest fish of the day. You are not required to involve yourself with the side pot if you so elect.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The biggest fish can be caught by someone other than the winning teams. What if you catch a 26" wiper but it's the only fish of the day for you. There is no way you can win the tournament but you could win the side pot.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Conversely, if you win the tournament with the two largest wipers and one of your fish is the largest of the day, you would also win the side pot. Not a bad day's fishing![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
just to make sure the tourney will go off of weight correct llike a bass tourney correct and biggest fish goes off the side bet also will the rules and stuff be on the other web site under consturction
[signature]
[size 2]Thank you for posting this Rich,
There are actually a couple of things we are still fine tuning and waiting final confirmation on but it looks like it will be actually less then $13 for the state and more towards prize money. Also please be advised that the flags are being discounted because we will not be shipping them. If you opt for the flag option we will provide them on the day of the event.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thanks Rich,
But come on man,26" wiper[Smile]That would be nice but who knows it could happen.
Thanks again,
FNF[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This tournament had traditional used length, not weight as determining the largest fish. It was decided that length can not be tampered with. Weight will be used as the tie breaker in the event there is a tie in the length. All of our fish will be decided by length and weight being the tie breaker.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The official rules are on the official site and will be there for you to review. [/size][/font]
[signature]
All sounds good, where do I send the check.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the info, Rich, and for your and Mike's hard work getting this shindig off the ground!

Question. So, is there just gonna be the 20 teams or so limit like last year, or did the State o.k. the "massive tourney" thing so that all one hundred (or so) teams that wanted to join this year can join? I'm kind of assuming that since the state parks are charging us $13 each to use their bowdry this year that they o.k.'d the massive tourney thing, but was just curious on that.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Troll, we're going to have a full website devoted just for the tournament including the registration and payment of the entry fees. You will be able to pay through paypal or mail it in. Glad to see you are going to fish it![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Geoff, We have been in contact with the DWR and it looks very positive that our proclamation for a tournament is going to be approved. We can't really do anything till we have paper in hand. If it is approved, then we will see 45 teams in the tournament! Do the math. There is going to be some NICE prize money plus we're trying to commit sponsors at this time.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This should be a fun and exciting tournament. We will also have a few things going for non-participants as well that may be fun so stay tuned for more info. Sorry we can't break loose and run with it yet but we have to have the donkey before the cart, so to speak.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]Sounds like this is going to be a great one. I shure had fun last year. be seeing you there
[signature]
My daughter just asked me if theres only a first place prize. Just out of curiosity is there a second or third place prize?
[signature]
Hey I am new too big fish tackle and just hearing about the wiper tourney, Would like to paticipate in it, will there be enough entrance spaces or is everything pretty much spoken for? I really like too see someone stepping up and organizing things, It just makes fishing that much more fun! Any idea of this new websites address? Thanks!
[signature]
Find a partner and register for a fun day!

[url "http://www.utahfishingevents.com/registration.html"]http://www.utahfishingevents.com/registration.html[/url]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ocean,[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We will pay out to 3 places but there will be a lot of good prizes also. The prize money will go something like 1st-50%, 2nd-25%, 3rd-12.5%, and largest walleye - 12.5%. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We are pretty fortunately to have some great sponsors contributing to make our tournament a success. Check the official website for the sponsors and what prizes are being contributed.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hi, robertjensen,[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Do you have a boat or are you a non-boater? I seem to recall a few folks looking for partners. Hopefully someone will PM you and you can hook up but you need to let everyone know if you're a boater or not. BTW, welcome to the site![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I am hunting for a partner again. I had something come up for the 20th but its been moved to the following weekend so I am in again.

Will hopefully have something sorted by tomorrow. If not, I will probably come to Willard to fish for fun.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I doubt you'll have a problem finding someone. Heard you had some pretty exciting stuff going on. Cool! I'd like to hear about it sometime.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]