Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a Kid Fishing (Mine)...Moral of the story...Outfished
OK so not really a tubin or toonin story...but...

Haven't been out since my original post basically. Maybe I'm too fairweather but the way the wind has been blowing and the cold and rain the last week and a half it just doesn't seem worth it....However we did get a small break on Mothers Day (for a minute) so I mentioned goin to the lake, doin a little cookout and some fishing...haha I have them all converted...

As the story goes I was cutting up taters for the grill and heard the commotion and large splash and to come quickly...My 6yr old on his first cast with my topwater Storm Chugbug lands this Momma...we didn't weigh or measure but my best guestimate is 3lbs+ and approx 18"...her belly was full and I didn't want to keep her out of the water too long but at least get a pic...he wouldn't hold her so hence my ugly mug is in the pic....good size for this area...

[Image: JerBass3-3.jpg]

Now...moving on til Tues this week Shelb (12yrs) wanted to go try the Walleye with me at darkthirty at the Spillway...using an old baitcast reel and my trusty Original Rapala he managed this nice Walleye...All I was able to muster was a couple small guys but nothing keepable...here is his fish...20.5" and an even 2lbs....

[Image: shelbwalleye.jpg]

I sent this pic to my bro up in Canada and he replied "Shelb looks pretty intense,no walleye could escape from that."

All in all its great to have the kids take interest and catch a nice fish here and there...thats one thing about the toon is that its kinda a singletary thing (unless we all get a tube or tune)...would make more sense to just have a boat at that point tho eh...lol...anyhow thatnks for listening...praying for a nice day anytime soon....

Bassguy64
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good lookin' fish and good lookin' fishermen. Well, not sure about the older dude.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Great stuff. Keep 'em coming.[/#0000ff]
[signature]