Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Reports for a Willard Weekeknd
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I have a few Willard fishing reports to share with ya all. Sorry about taking so long but since the catching wasn’t so good I figured you all could stand to wait.

I took my neighbor and friend Merlin the “Magician” out last Thursday evening. We definitely got into some nice boils. The magician kept the fish coming his way around my lure right to his. We boated about a dozen wipers (the Magician 9, Coot 3). We were casting 3/8 oz. chrome/blue Kastmasters into boils. It was definitely a hoot to say the least.
[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline "Merlin's-nice-catch-400.gif"]

The fishing was so good that night that the next evening I decided to take my grand daughter out for her maiden voyage with Grandpa Coot. What a hoot. She only got one bite all night and that was it … not a single boil … no fish in the boat. But she sure was cute about it all. I think she and I have a great future dunkin’ worms in the years ahead. Take note of the nylon string tied to her pole … I ain’t no dummy.

[inline Ashlyn-and-Grandpaw-400.gif]

Come Saturday morning, I got the chance I have been waiting for … fishing with my son Ben with cameras a rollin’. Like the night before with my grand daughter, we didn’t catch any fish. Unlike the night before, we didn’t even get a bite!

MGB (what a fantastic guy) got us on the water around 7:30. He was a fantastic chauffer. He did everything we wanted him to. He is simply one top notch person.

[inline MGB-gives-us-a-ride-400.gif]

Ben did his best to catch a wiper but it wasn’t to be. But life is good anyway.

[inline Life-is-good-400.gif]

We had to make a pit stop so while waiting at the dock, MGB did his best to get his trolling motor working again (it had a mishap that maybe MGB would tell you about some day). The linkage on his throttle was missing. With a piece of buzz bait and some tape, he tried to fix it but no luck.

[inline Tape-400.gif]

By the end of the morning, we had caught no fish but we did store away a few good memories.

[inline Palls-for-ever-400.gif]

Thanks to Dr. Flinn for the many pictures he took and again to MGB for the kind offering of his boat. I also seen a few BFTer’s out there; Trophyhunter, Trohpyhunterjr, and Bait_Caster. I think there were others but I didn’t see them.

All in all, it’s been a great Willard weekend.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Sure glad you guys had a good time out there. Too bad the Wipers didn't wan't to cooperate with your efforts. Tell Ben I wish him the best, and that he is in my prayers.
[signature]
Never let it be said that the best fishing memories come strickly in the form of catching. Glad to see you fellers had a good time..
[signature]
It was an honor taking all of you out last Saturday too bad we couldn't hook up. I kept after it all day and only caught 1 small one about 12:30. I talked to alot of fisherman that day and everyone was having a hard time catching any fish. If Ben is feeling up to it we should try it again in a week or so all it takes is a phone call or a pm and we can give it another shot.

The buzzbait didn't work out too well but the tie wire I got from you was the ticket, the kicker worked like a champ all day from that point on. I called Lee at Lees's Marine and ordered the right part it should be here in a week.

I havn't felt like talking about my mishap with my 2004 trolling motor but since I got my parts from Lees's Marine and got it running again I feel alot better about the misshap now. What happened I always travel with the kicker in the boat. Two weeks ago I finished up an evening fishing trip at willard I thought everything was put away for the travel home but I unscrewed my kicker from the mount but forgot to through it in the boat. When I got close to Smith&Edwards an honest motorist flaged me down and told me my kicker fell off my boat back at the south marina. Luckly it was still there but a little busted up. It felt good to hear it run again.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]It was good to see you guy's out on the pond, I was with Trophy Hunter, & T.H.jr. we fished the light poll area, using planer boards, w/ repolas. the wind was choppy at the get go, making what I thought might be a great Walleye day, but as stated in Coots post, things were just plane slow, slow: Although while making a slow turn to come back towards the light poll we did hook up & landed a Walleye, Which was nick-named Little Ben. For all fish caught this month will have something to do with Ben's Name. In honer of a young man with a Giant Attitude for LIFE!!! God Speed "Ben" Your a great young man.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] MGB I tip my hat to you, your a great guy, taking the boat & effort to Man the ship in hopes of getting fish-on for O'l-Coot & his son, Ben: [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Dennis: Nice pic's. I'm sure they will be cherished much larger than "Life its-self". [/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Trophy Hunter, & the gang, Thanks for the time spent chasing Wiper & Walleye, We stayed off in the distance, in hopes Coot, & Ben could find the honey hole, and hook up the most fish. It was your Day. It felt good to wet a line on Saturday, I wish I could have spent more time there, but I had to wrap it up and hit the road to work![/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Ralph,[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] [/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Thanks for letting me get some pics for you and Ben to share with everyone. I had a great time with you guys on the water like I do every time and can’t wait to go again. Tell Ben I think he’s a great guy and look forward to spending more time with you two, weather its fishing or whatever. My Prayers are with your family.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Mike, that was great of you to help out with your boat, Ralph said you were a really nice guy he was right ![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for posting the report, there was a few of us that were wondering. Too bad the fish did not come out to play but lucky that memories are not made by catching alone. Hopefully your son will get another chance to get out and try it again.
[signature]