Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up and comers
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I am posting this on the Utah board, cause that is where it took place. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I was honored to be asked to participate in getting young people into Fly Fishing.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Went to Taylorville Park/Library last night where we had several young people (and a few parents) wanting to learn FF.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Jason, Stu, Cardiac, Lonnie and several others including myself donated our time.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I had the fly casting end while a few of the others taught basic fly tying (the flies by the way, looked great)[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I had a young lady (who has shown no interest in fish.....till now) did fantastic. Didn't break her wrist, was feeding line, roll casting (the best you can without water) and stripping line like a pro. Told her the great thing about fly fishing, is you don't get stinky hands if you don't want to and it won't hurt that new nail job you just had done[cool][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]BUT! Shaun...I love this kid. 5 or 6 yrs old, what a natural. Even with a 8 1/2' 5wt he had it down in no time at all. Rolls, feeding, stripping. I had him false casting for the fill while I went to find a garbage can for some stuff on the ground, when I came back (several minutes later) he was still at it. I told him to take a break. Shook his arm and said thanks.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I hope I can get out on some productive waters with either one of these two....for that fact any youngster that is REALLY interested[/size][/black][/font].
[signature]
teaching fishing is fun, I really like being by their side as they catch and loose fish and learn.
[signature]