Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake kitties, 8/04
Well, -----------------, I took TD's expert advise and did what is very difficult for an old man that needs his sleep. I got up at 4:30 am, yep, am and headed out. Got on the water about 7:30 in an area about 2 mi. N. of the Knolls with Sparky. Well I got my first kittie about 1pm and stayed until about 5pm. Sum total, 3 kitties and one small white bass. Not a total skunk but, well, I expected much better.[unsure]
Of course I was limited to an area where I could keep track of Sparky so's he wouldn't get all tangled up in the reeds and drown or bother others, his frequent visits out to my tube, etc. but, well, I guess that's what I signed up for. The best I can figure, I need at least 2 things to happen. I need to go back to some areas that are not Sparky proof, find a new area, Get TD to give me another training class. The latter may be a waste of time for TD.[crazy] Hey TD, I can't get past this mid day success thing???? What the heck is with me? Do I smell bad early or what??? Maaaaybe I need to change my name to " good at mid. day only"?
Leaky
thanks for the report Fred. ive had several training classes by tubedude they dont seam to help he. bad student i guess[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Leaky, you are only doing part of the lesson right. You are getting up early, but you still don't WAKE UP until noon. How do you expect to catch anything without bait on your hook, dozing and floating in the reeds?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I responded to the other Utah Lake post, the fault is probably not yours. There are changes going on...lower water, storms, etc...that DO affect the fish. That big STORM on Tuesday probably blew all the fish up in the brush on the west side of the lake...or at least up in the rivers. They are still shaking their heads and wondering WHA HOPPEN?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The weather is going to be iffy again this week but is supposed to lay down midweek. A couple of us are hitting Lincoln Beach to see if there are any survivors. At least the white bass seem to be doing okay and are willing to play all around the lake.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Man, I don't know. You know me toooooo well. [sly] By the way, I was on the west side on the weed line and even in the brush some times. I haven't given up by a long shot. I truely miss that drag song on light line and keeping em out of the weeds and reeds. Will be going again in the near future, but Sadly, probably without Sparks.
Leaky
I fished on west side today, the fish have just turned off.
I'm thinking the storm has them all messed up.
[signature]
Don't feel bad, the last time I went out to Utah lake we didn't even get a bite until around 12:30 and the first and only fish hook and landed after 1PM!
[signature]