Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Fork of Ogden
Fished this river from about 4pm till dark. Good water conditions, but a lack of fish. Even at dark, I didn't really see many risers. There were PMDs on the water throughout the evening, but nothing hit those either.

See ya J
[signature]
I have found the South Fork to fish better in the fall.
The camping and tubing pressure seems to push the fish to the bottom and even away from some of the heavily pressured areas durring the summer months.
Try it again in October. I think that you will be surprised at how much better it will be, dry and nymphing.
[signature]
I have to agree with DKS. This river fishes very well from Octobor to May after the Mighty Hatch happens, I don't think about those waters again until the Tuber hatch is over. Sometimes the Tuber Hatch coincides with the Mighty Hatch
[signature]
As I was told, "the fish don't fast all summer on the S. Fork." It is true that this river fishes well winter (especially in February) the spring (before and just after runoff) and fall (love the spawn), it just fishes "different" in the summer. I have caught fish right in front of tubbers and right after they leave (they really stir up the bottom), it is just fishing right. Try the edges up under the bushes and below the camps and above memorial. Caddis and hopper is the key.

katghoti
[signature]