Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wife's first deer!
Well, I thought this bad boy deserved a post of his own. We had a really nice opening day this year. Our group bagged 2 bucks, one of which was this very dandy 4 bagger that my wife stuck at 18 yards! She did everything perfect. She heard them coming, drew her bow just before they came out of the trees, saw that there were antlers, took aim, and let her rip! No time for buck fever, no chance for the deer to see her, just zap, pow, sting, and it was all over but the crying for Mr. Big. She had two big bucks at less than 20 yards! I'm sure I would have screwed it up. Gonna put him on the wall. This is only her second time archery hunting. The first trip she missed a little buck at 40 yards, but this year she sure made up for it. Heck I've never even had a chance at a buck like this. I'm proud of her.
[inline annsbuck.jpg]
[signature]
Congrats to your wife! Glad to see someone is out there getting the big ones (sure isn't me). Maybe next year she will help you fill your tag[Wink]

Rut
[signature]
Sweet buck. Congrats to your wife. Now the preasure is really on Brandon[Wink]. Would you mind posting it on the hunting board under the photos thread? I know there's a bunch of folks over there that would love to see this one.
[signature]
Great report Brandon.
[signature]
Congrats to the wifey on a nice buck Brandon . Should look great on the wall .
[signature]
I'll go post a couple of pics for ya.

Thanks for all the kind words. She is pretty happy about him.

He will look good on the wall! Now I need to get one that matches!
[signature]
Nice buck Mrs. TKB!! Brandon has some big shoes to fill now.[Wink]
[signature]
Do you already have a taxidermist in mind if not i know a good one
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Tell the wifey congrats! That's a great first buck...now I just need to find a buck.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice buck. Nothing wrong with that at all. Tell the wife congrats. I'm hoping to get my little bro something like that tomorrow at a honey hole up by Scofield.
[signature]
Good luck with your bro Jerry, I hope you guys can get an arrow into a nice deer.

I have a buddy that is a taxidermist down in Ephraim, but thanks for the offer.
[signature]
very nice archery buck. did you get any measurments ?
later chuck
[signature]
Just over 23 wide. I didn't measure the height. One side is just barely a 4 pt, so I guess you could say it's likely a 3X4, but I'm calling it a 4X. Judgement call you know![Wink]
[signature]
AWSUME JOB. THAT BUCK WILL SCORE 140 OR SO IT MAY MAKE THE POPE AND YOUNG BOOK. IT TAKES 145 TO GO IN.
[signature]
Way nice Brandon. Maybe I'll have to take her Chucker hunting since you can't hit anything. Tell her congrats from me. I can't wait to see the mount.

IFG