Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhode Island Tubing Last Installment
Rain did not slow us down!

[inline "It's Just Rain.jpg"]

But some snapping turtles threw us a curve. This is what was left of what was supposed to be our first fish fry. With turkey dinner on the table we had to get back and leave the fish cleaning for the morning. The turtles had other ideas. This is our fish bag the next morning. Seems to be empty and full of holes.

[inline "No Fish Dinner.jpg"]

My friend was determined to have that fish fry. Here he is in his Fish Cat hammering the perch. While he was out in the open water I was in close tossing spiders and catching lots of gills.
[inline "Perchin' From The Fish Cat.jpg"]

While out ther he got a surprise!

[inline "Perchman's Surprise.jpg"]

Not to be outdone I hauled in2 beauties on my 3 weight.

[inline P1010075_edited.jpg]

And..........
[inline "Smallies Like Spiders Too.jpg"]

My friend is not only a skilled angler but also a master at fish preparation. His fillets were a gourmet delight. Here he is in action.

[inline Filletmaster.jpg]
[signature]
Yessiree. Great report! I've been waiting anxiously for your photo essay and you didn't disappoint. Sounds like you guys had a really great time. You're rain shot made me feel right at home among the pics.

[cool]Thanks for the reminder not to feed the turtles.

You seemed to have caught a lot of those nice bluegills. Were those you photographed the norm or the exception size wise?

Is your Fat Cat back in action for good or will you have to replace it?

z~
[signature]
Dave,

Most of the bluegills we caught were 9 and 10". It was kind of rare to get one smaller. One of the coves had 9 and 10" pumpkinseeds as well as gills.

The Fat Cat is back in business with a permanent stitching job using heavy braided line.

That mug shot took about 4 tries. I'd never taken a picture of myself up to that point.
[signature]
[reply]
That mug shot took about 4 tries. I'd never taken a picture of myself up to that point. [/reply]

It's a good shot. My avatar is a self portrait. That camera angle actually works pretty good with a little practice. You'll have to try it with a fish. If you look closely you'll see a reflection of my hand and camera in the sunglasses.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]

Here's the good one that got me started. It's ATfishing.

[Image: B04.jpg]

z~
[signature]