Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat insurance
I added insurance to my boat and asked my insurance agent to send me proof of insurance to put in my boat, he told me I didn't need it. I told him he was up in the night and he told me that there isn't a "card". I was wondering what you boaters carry for proof of insurance. Do you have a document that states all the legal mumbo jumbo or do you just need the policy number?
[signature]
I got insurance with Progressive and they sent all the proof of insurance papers and 4 insurance card to carry with me and in the boat.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] All I have in my boat right now is the Binder that I got when I firstgot the insurance.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Progressive sent me insurance cards and everything thats covered in my policy like road side towing for my bot etc...Maybe you should get progressive.
[signature]
We got our insurance from State Farm and we got proof of insurance in the mail shortly after we added the boat to our policy.
[signature]
Thanks, I may switch if he jerks me around.
[signature]
Progressive sends cards. If you can't get a card, cary the whole policy in a ziploc bag. If you don't get a copy of the policy, demand a refund, call the ins. commissioner, and call Progressive.
[signature]
I was also told that i didn't need a card. I may look into Progressive also. That really sucks, because the ins. company i have has been awesome.
[signature]
Just put a photocopy of your policy in your boat.
[signature]
I also went with proggressive,had my cards in three days.
[signature]
I just bought another used boat, and called my insurance co. (Nationwide) to get liability insurance for it. I asked the agent (over the phone) if I could get some sort of documentation of the coverage, and he told me they didn't give proof of insurance on boats. So off to Powell I went with no proof of insurance, and I was glad I didn't get asked for it. When I get the policy in the mail, I'll just put a photocopy in the boat. $87 / year on my 20' 6" Trophy, 230 hp. He said the rate depends on the size of boat, size of motor, etc. He wasn't even aware of the new law in Utah requiring liability insurance, and I'd guess a lot of boat owners aren't either.
[signature]