Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your..
Whats your favorite type of lure?
[signature]
gotta be the old wolly bugger , i fish a lot of moving water and that thing will attract about anything from rock bass to salmon . small lakes a daredevil , the big lakes an erie derie .
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]My favorite bait would depend on where I am fishing. Where I fish the most the bait would be the beetle spin because it catches a wide variety of fish from small to large. Most of the fishing is casting in rivers. You can cover a lot of water this way and catch more fish too. [/size][/font]
[signature]
A split repalla

3 - 6 inches, hooks um up good.

never lost a fish because of slipping off the hook,

only lost one fish on a repalla and that was because it was so big it broke a 75 bound test line and striped the gears in my reel. (lost hook line sinker and reel)[pirate]
[signature]
Well I haven't heard of those cause I just started fishing about 4 years ago, Im only 14 but really in love with the sport[blush]. I liketopwater so far, like poppers, and I really wanna try to "walk the dog" with a Rapala Zara Spook too when I go camping during Spring Break [Smile]
[signature]
if you like top water then you will love my second favorite lure and that is the jitterbug black.

use it at dawn or at dusk or any hevy overcast day, the hits are outragious.

this lure is hot right off shore or a dock even a boat. but shore is best.

them bass and pike will fall for it over and over till you hook them.
[signature]
I've heard a lot about the jitterbug, I should go try it out, when is it the best time for topwater on a lake thats partially stained, around 55-60 degees?
[signature]
this lure has its best results when it is fished when the day light is dim,

usualy an hour before sun rise, through the first two hours in to daylight.

at a couple hours before sundown to an bour in to the twilight.

this has worked best for me year round.

before we had daylights saving time I would get up at 4 in the morning to get to my fishing hole by 4;30 when the first light would start comming over the horizen.

now if I get up at 4 in the morning I have time to stop at the donut shop for coffee befor hitting the water. and thats count driving 40 miles to get to the detroit river for walleye.
[signature]
Hello TMan,

I have many favorites for many types of fish but on the freshwater side my favorite all around lure that tends to work for the most Species would be a Wardens Roostertail.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Yeah, I like using my rooster tail a lot until it got stuck in some deep rocks..[unsure]
[signature]
ya know whats wors than the rocks is those tree limbs that jump out in front of you when you are casting. not to mention them power lines that drop down in your way every time you want to make the perfect cast.

every road side pond has at least a dozen bobbers and hundreds of feet of mono hanging from it.
[signature]
Yeah, the lake tht I go to has a lot of stuff that the other anglers left or forgot, and most of them are really good lures or baits!
[signature]
Without a doubt, my favorite lure is the Whistler Jig. I've caught more species of fish at all sizes with that jig than anything else I've tried. Trout, Walleye, Carp, Channel Cats, Bass, Perch, and the list goes on. Of course it helps that I have enormous confidence in fishing this lure. Find something that you can fish very well and keep plenty in stock.

Try it...You'll like it!
[signature]
Mine would have to be a Rainbow colored spoon. I catch more with it then not. [Smile]
[signature]