Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold & Windy - Pensacola, Fl.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Feb.1st Report:[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]2007 is here and the weather in the Panhandle has kept most of us at home looking at our tackle boxes hoping for a break in the weather. The past few weeks it’s been windy and cold. I was only able to get out to fish a couple of days last week, but did manage to hook into some big Reds. They are still schooled up pretty thick just off our beaches; you just need to take the time to locate them.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]February has arrived and I’ve got some trips on the books for the first couple of weeks. I’ll give a much more detailed report when run a few. Remember that during the month of February, Speckled Trout season is closed, although you might still catch them, but you have to put them back. As the weather starts to turn warmer, the Sheepshead and Pompano should start to arrive. It seems like a long way off, but it’s just 5 - 6 more weeks until Spring fishing starts up. Here are some pics of last year’s fishing in February and early March.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]See ya’ll on the water.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Till next time, Bent Rods and Screaming Drags.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Capt. John[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey there Capt Rivers,

Welcome to BFT!

I feel your pain on the weather thing. It'll be March before i'm able to hit the water. I'm up the coast a bit in SC. I can't quite reach them in the winter, my boat is shy a few feet to make that happen. Maybe when the bills get payed off I can afford a bigger boat. [cool]

The sheephead are off and on here. They munch on the barnicles around the jetties, and when they have them cleaned off, they move off to the inshore reefs. It's a miserible trip though. Cold, wet, and windy. Most of the time, this time of year, I don't find it worth the 2 hour drive to the ramp.

I'll cross my fingers for you though. You're in a better place to get the chance to hit the water. If you go out anytime soon, catch one for ol' Bryan. [Tongue]
[signature]
Welcome back Skipper. The weather is unfortunate and can hamper the fishing just a bit.

We are going through our final winter changes which consist of a light wind in the morning with downhill current. A little more breeze in the afternoon with an up hill current.

Some of our species hit on the uphill and not on the down. And vice versa.[cool]
[signature]