Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice auger comparison
What brand of power ice auger does people have and what are the likes and dislikes of them. I have been looking at the eskimo mako but I have also seen the strikemaster mag 2000. any comments would be greatly appreciated[cool]
[signature]
I've had a Strikemaster for about 15 years & just love it. I take pretty good care of it & it sure pays me back.
[signature]

I just purchased the Eskimo this year and I like what is does for me. Your own needs will dictate what one is best for you.
[signature]
This- subject has come up a few times this year. Here is a link to one of the threads:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=296554;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=296554;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
I've had an Eskimo for three years now. It has been good to me
[signature]
Strikemaster! 'Nuff said!
[signature]
I agree. [Smile]
[signature]
I HAVE A STRIKEMASTER BEEN REAL GOOD TO ME.[cool]
[signature]
Strike Master. 10yrs. No complaints. Would never buy any other brand. Changed blades once. Still running excellent on the original spark plug. Fish 3 out of 4 weekends a month.
[signature]
My new Strikemaster Lite has been real awesome[cool]
[signature]
[#ff0000]Strikemaster rules, nuff said.[/#ff0000]
[signature]

I have the Eskimo Mako. Going on 3 in 3rd season now. I bought it because I was going to buy one that day and it was the first one I ran into that was in my price range.

I had a leaky gas cap at first, and one call to the manufacturer and I had a new gas cap. Since then, I sharpened my blades (a couple weeks ago) and thats it.

I ALWAYS use a good 2 stroke oil (ie: brand name, such as valvoline, etc.) and I always use Sta-Bil, as per the instructions.

I'm pretty picky with my auger and won't loan it out, however, on the ice, anybody who wants to use it can. Most damage happens by careless hauling around and careless storage. I think that if one buys a product and maintains it well, and is careful with it, it will last many many years.

No complaints about mine yet.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.