Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to get the skunk off
I read this in Field & Stream and thought it was worth sharing. I had always heard of using the tomato-juice bath but this is different.
"0ne quart fresh hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 cup baking soda, and one teaspoon liquid soap. Wash with the mixture while it's still bubbling." Sounds a little strange but if it works thats what counts. Hopefully I won't get a chance to try it, if you know what I mean[Wink]. WH2
[signature]
I can already hear the cursing at the computer monitors. Way to sneak that one in there.[Wink]
But seriously though, they should sell this stuff at fishing stores.[sly]
[signature]
If you watch mythbusters, they did a thing with skunks and this stuff. Pretty interesting results.
[signature]
Yes, I thought this pertained to fishing also!...My dog has had its share of skunks. Nothing that 3 weeks outside and about 5 baths won't cure!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
I won't take it away. I feel that it could help someones HUNTING dog that gets mixed up with pepe in the brush. They can always refer back to this post on how Curt shared with us how to make old fido smell better so he could come inside with the family.

Now as far as your fishing ability. or lack there of, I aint rubbin nothin like that on me to help me catch fish!

RILEY
[signature]
So what did mythbusters have to say about this stuff Brandon, does it work?
What, you guys thought I was posting about fishing on a hunting board, I'd never do such an under handed thing, just a little play on words.[Wink]
[signature]