Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trout streams
HI all
I'm from Michigan half way bewteen detroit and pontiac and I'm looking for some good streams or rivers to fish for some trout. I usually fish at the huron near proud lake but those fish are released and gone within two to three weeks.
does any one have any good spots to try where I don't have to drive 2 to 3 hrs north.
[signature]
unfortunatly, every stream and river in pontiac / detroit metropolitian area, has been void of trout for more than 30 years.

but not to fear, if you dont mind slumming it you are welcome to come fish with me on commerce lake for trout. this is where the trout that move up river from proud lake come to breed and live as lake trout. they get quite large and are dificult to catch but not imposible if you concentrate your efforts to catching them.

if you get in to that tubeing thing reed lake has been stocked with trout every year by a mucc youth club.

also if you get in to that tube thing there is a pond in brighton that is stocked every year, it is accessable only to canoe, shore, or that tube thing. they are not fished out ever, folks just cant get to them. here is where a tube and a sinking fly line will give you the master anglers advantage.

although this pond is not a secret, I wont disclose it over the net. they will be hard to catch but that is the buty of this 50 acre pond. I can see where a tube will add even a greater advantage over a canoe or small row boat. because you will be able to monover your craft to get just that percice action on your lure that floating around in a boat just wont allow.
[signature]
I wolud like to come and fish commerce lake with ya. Have you caught trout in there before.
I have never fished commerce lake before and did not now that trout are in there. Where do they come from? Where does proud lake meet up with commerce lake? I use to fish reed lake about 20 years ago when my dad was a member of multi-t-lakes. I did not now they were stocking trout in there too. Are they putting rainbows and browns in there? I got stop by a oakland county sheriff about 2 weeks ago when I was tring to get onto reed lake from the richardson center and said that the lake is private and I can't fish here. Does that little stream that goes by the old dicks bait shop connect into reed lake.
For a float tube I plan on buying one by April 1. If you decide on getting one I would like to go try that pond in Brighton too. The steelhead run is about to start so March 15 -18 I plan on going up to the big manistee, then the following weekend to P.M. and then back to the Big M. for the last weekend in March if the weather would just start warming up.
[signature]
hi there buddy , i posted an e-mail address on the floatube board a couple weeks ago

[url "mailtoConfusedteelieboy4life@yahoo.com"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?url=mailto%3Asteelieboy4life%40yahoo.com[/url]

the guy wanted $80.00 for it and the fins , michigan .

the d.n.r. has a free map book listing all designated trout streams . it is availible on line too !

plenty of streams up this way , if your ever in the neighborhood . take a pic for the steelie contest !
[signature]
yes reed is a privet lake, but only that it is privet to commerce twp residents.

commerce twp owns 1/3 of the shore line of reed lake, so if you are a commerce twp resident your license will be proff enough, oakland county has no business running you off the lake, other wise you must be occompanied by a resident of commerce twp.

if you are a resident of commerce twp and you showed that you were then you can take the matter up with commerce twp hall. my property taxes pays for that park, ralph richardson donated the property to commerce twp.

if you want to try ice fishing commerce this weekend, send me a privet message with your number and best time to call you, I will give you a call and set up a time that is good for you or the best time to catch fish, eather way. I will be fishing it every day for the next 4 days.

the majority of the catch will be gills, then a few crappie then perch.

they dont make public what they are stocking on reed lake even though they are suspost to because they are a non profit and state funded educational program.

as for the stream that passes by dicks bait. no it dose not conect to reed lake, it has conected indirectly in the past few hundred years but only by freek of nature, "flood". the river that passes by dicks is the clinton river that flows out of union lake passes by dicks crosses commerce rd turns west and meets the huron river at the duck farm. From there the huron runs to commerce lake but not before it forks off. both side of the fork runs in to commerce lake about 1/2 mile from each other.

commerce lake is part of the huron river, On the south west side of commmerce lake the huron river continues in to proud lake then moss lake then it turns in to the river you are trout fishing.

as for my catching trout on commerce lake, only a couple over the last 25+ years I have lived on it, I have never realy targeted them. although I do know where they are.
[signature]
hey stormey , the guide book from the d.n.r. is called the " inland trout and salmon guide " it is availible at your local d.n.r. office FREE ! [cool]or on line [url "http://www.michigandnr.com"]www.michigandnr.com[/url] i keep mine in my vest , very handy reference item on streams and rivers , but the maps themselves could have been done better . the 2003 fishing guide is out now as well . i'm a little ticked off at it's cover , it has some young guy holding a smallie up out of the water by it's bottom jaw . [mad]
[signature]
the 2003 trout and salmon guide is now out , check to see if k-mart or any of the major sporting goods stores have them . i picked one up at the bait store at 65 and 33
[signature]