Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed with SKS clip
I'm borrowing a sks to shoot some bunnies Saturday but am having trouble with the quick loaders. Has anyone used one of these little clips? What is the trick to get them back off and into the clip? Any help would be appreciated.[inline "sks 2.JPG"]

Yes this is a little overkill for bunnies but the gun is so much fun to shoot. Also good for coyotes if you happen to walk into one.
[signature]
take the clip and put in in the magazine with the bullets facing the way you would normally put them in... then push down and the bullets will slide off of the speed clip and into the magazine... just push they will go..
[signature]
Push and push and push some more but they did finally go. Thanks. I wasn't pushing hard enough after the first clip I guess. Now I know why my brother had such a love hate relationship with the little clips.
[signature]
Just make sure you are doing it with the magazine mounted on the gun, and slide the stripper clip into the guide in the receiver. I know people have tried to use the stripper clips to load a magazine when it wasn't attached to the gun. It just isn't made to work that way.

For a larger magazine like that I prefer to just put them in by hand.

And yes, that SKS can make a nasty mess of a jack rabbit!
[signature]
Hunting Bunnies and prarie dogs with these rifles like this is so visual. I just love it. Nothing better than the special effects of the sport[Wink]
[signature]
Now your tell me. Your right they don't work too well with the clip off the gun. We still had fun but the clip kept poping off the gun every third shell so we left it at the car and just took the 22's. We emptied all the clips at the end of the day since we had taken the time to load them all.
[signature]