Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Fishing Event
This coming Saturday March 15, 2003 My Youth Foundation will be co-hosting the Fishing In The City program at Lincoln Park at 3501 Valley Blvd. in East Los Angeles, CA Registration is from 7-8 am Fishing from 8-12 noon. This is a kids only event. adults can fish after 12:00 noon. Lots of prizes for the kids and plenty of fish too. For more details about this event please call the park at (213) 847-1726.
[signature]

Hi there Dan,

You have always gone out of your way for the kids on or off your program. I heard Davis was going to axe funds for the urban fishing program fish stockings. Looks like you independents are the few organizations that the kids can look up to and learn.

You've kept the faith with those kids. We have lots of guys on these boards willing to give time and expertiese to the good of the sport and the kids,

Much Appreciation to all who give selflessly,

JapanRon
tsurikichi
[signature]
way to go Dan ! your promoting more than fishing . getting a kid interested in the sport helps to build strong caracter and a better community .

your the tops !
[signature]
Thanks for all the kinds words. We think we could have over 1000 kids on Sat.
[signature]
That is why I started my foundation because the state was planning to cancel all the inner-city fishing programs. Please show up if you can I can use all the help I get.
[signature]
[center][cool] U-da-Man Dan [cool][/center] [center]for every kid you take off the street for a day you infect 10 more with good sence and desier to learn about good helth, good nutrition, frendly community, and a mighty fine sport.[/center]
[signature]
I agree and I do enjoy working with the kids and watching them catch that first fish. I hope to see some of you board guys at the event sat. Thanks again.
[signature]
you need all the b.f.t. support you can get ! i'm stuck in the mit , so i can't help out . but i wish i could .

if you get a chance to take some pics i'de love to see some of thoes first catches and future anglers .
[signature]
TVDan , how did it go ? i bet thoes kids kept you busy ! the last school outing i went out on each parent had ten students , i smelt like worms for a couple days . it was a blast !
[signature]
Last Saturday was the rain record for Los Angeles,CA. We had about 225 kids show up in the pouring rain. It was still worth it. My next kids event is June 7th.

Thanks,

Dan Hernandez
[signature]
Awesome Dan! Glad to hear there was such a great turn out in spite of the Rain!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
oh that must have been one heck of an event , and another one so soon ! your doing one great job Dan !
[signature]
my last kids event whent fishless, I hope your youngsters went home smelling at least a little like fish [grin]

did any one land a big one?

my next event is the last saturday in april.
then may then 2 in june, and hopefuly one more in the fall if I can pull it off.
[signature]